Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Can someone fill in the gap for me with DG's hate for WSU? He was glossing us last year and generally complimentary to us in years past. What triggered his weirdness this year?
    He couldn't tell the difference between Scott City, KS and Scott City, IA, was called out about it on twitter, and has cried like a little girl ever since.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; February 13, 2014, 07:52 AM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Bloomberg Surveillance gave a shout out to Syracuse with a snippet of last night's winning shot and then they briefly mentioned Wichita State as the only other unbeaten. Mentions coming in from the unlikeliest of places.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• A little follow up to the OTL segment yesterday: http://www.midmajormadness.com/2014/...seed-candidate
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• As Wichita State and Syracuse take aim at becoming the first team to enter the NCAA tournament without a loss in 23 years, two men who have been part of similar bids for an undefeated season offered some unlikely advice. … Continue reading →

@JeffEisenberg: Two coaches who have chased perfection before offered unlikely advice to Syracuse, Wichita State. http://yhoo.it/1eSqTQ4
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Yeah, but I don't fault SoW for saying that. It'd upset the fan base to say he'd rather have wsu's accomplishments. It's such a dumb question though.
            Actually I think anyone one could understand him saying, "How can you even ask that question? Every college basketball players goal is to make it to the final four and have a shot at winning the national championship. With that said, blah, blah, blah..."

Haven't read past page 46 yet, so excuse me if the topic has already been beat to death!...like Gottlieb and the Shocks...
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Can someone fill in the gap for me with DG's hate for WSU? He was glossing us last year and generally complimentary to us in years past. What triggered his weirdness this year?
              During Turgeon's first year. Gottlieb was playing on one of those teams that played WSU in an exhibition. There were not many fans at that game so a buddy and I sat about four rows up and heckled him unmercifully for the entire game. And he made the mistake of looking over at us multiple times.

Sorry guys.

Comment

• The Shockers come in at #3 on Luke Winn's power rankings this week.

Originally posted by Luke Winn
                Now that you've seen the numbers (above) on VanVleet's and Baker's prowess at jump-shooting off the bounce, here's an edit of them in action, using staggered ballscreens, single ballscreens, step-back moves and midrange pull-ups:

Comment

• Luke Winn is so much better than so many so-called "analysts" who never do any actually analysis, just spout opinions. His stuff is always interesting and informative. Great game film breakdown backed with the stats. To me he is the anti-Gotlieb, who is nothing but opinion.

BTW, in the link above Winn also shows his Naismith ballot in which he includes not only Early and Van Vleet, but also SLU's Jordair Jett.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• A few more articles popped up recently that I haven't seen posted here.
                    1. NBC Sports: Syracuse, Wichita State in Pursuit of Perfection
                    2. KC Kingdom: Wichita State Shockers Continue to Roll At 26-0
                    3. CBS Local: Rising Star: Wichita State Guard Fred VanVleet
                    4. CBS Sports: Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Doug Gottlieb talks Cuse, Wichita [State]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      Luke Winn is so much better than so many so-called "analysts" who never do any actually analysis, just spout opinions. His stuff is always interesting and informative. Great game film breakdown backed with the stats. To me he is the anti-Gotlieb, who is nothing but opinion.

BTW, in the link above Winn also shows his Naismith ballot in which he includes not only Early and Van Vleet, but also SLU's Jordair Jett.
                      Indeed. He also coined the phrase "McDermott went McDormant" which has to count for something.

Comment

• I'm not a Twitterer, so here's a question for the pundits that will have to be posted by someone who is: If WSU had beaten St. Louis on a miracle shot the way Syracuse did Pitt (a lesser team than St. Louis, by the way), would people now be holding that against the Shocks as a sign they really aren't so great after all?

Maybe not, because it seems like some of the brainiacs don't even acknowledge WSU's win over St. Louis, so how could they react to it one way or another? But it's interesting that with Syracuse, it was just a thrilling win and a resume enhancement for Ennis.

Comment

• I'm losing track of what has or hasn't been posted (what a wonderful problem to have!). So here's a nice piece on Tekele Cotton on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I'm losing track of what has or hasn't been posted (what a wonderful problem to have!). So here's a nice piece on Tekele Cotton on FoxSports.com.
                            Excellent!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Anyone who is curious. Many media members are participating in a mock selection right now. Joe Lunardi, Jerry Palm, and Pat Forde all live-tweeting the proceedings. About to pick the one-seeds right now.
                              Goo Shockers

Comment

• Cuse, AZ, WSU, Florida. The one-seeds they have, in order. Not that it matters, really.
                                Goo Shockers

Comment

Working...
                                X