Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
    Not really love but part of the problem. Buried in the Fast Five article From Seth Davis: For the time being, I have decided that even if Wichita State keeps winning, I will not rank the Shockers higher than No. 5 on my ballot. The same will likely apply to the Aztecs; they've gone high enough. However, there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and the start of the tournament, and if the other top-five teams fall by the wayside and these two mighty mid-majors keep winning, then it will be hard to keep them down.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2rKkrTowy
    Why Seth? Because we're Wichita State from the Missouri Valley, not Ohio State from the Big Ten?

I thought Seth was smarter and above this. This is pretty disappointing. He's basically saying he'll only reward WSU based on other schools' downfall, not anything WSU does. He was the one that even said that the Valley road was so tough that there was no way WSU would go undefeated. So if that happens, wouldn't that be pretty impressive and completely opposite of the latest line of gibberish?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Why Seth? Because we're Wichita State from the Missouri Valley, not Ohio State from the Big Ten?

I thought Seth was smarter and above this. This is pretty disappointing. He's basically saying he'll only reward WSU based on other schools' downfall, not anything WSU does. He was the one that even said that the Valley road was so tough that there was no way WSU would go undefeated. So if that happens, wouldn't that be pretty impressive and completely opposite of the latest line of gibberish?
      I think when he said that about the Valley road games he was pretty confident WSU wouldn't go undefeated. Now that it is beginning to look like more of a possibility, he is having to find a way to devalue them if it happens.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Just go and win and prove Seth wrong

Comment

• Lots of love today on College GAMEDAY. Mainly from Jay Bilas. Did a star watch about Fred and Cle.
          Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• I love it when we are on college game day.

Comment

• Here's the deal: the FF was amazing, but to actually get the respect the Shox want, they are going to have to make another run. Especially since they will have so many pieces back yet again next year. I'm fine with being #5 and getting a 2 seed. To me it makes perfect sense. Shox gonna be slaying fools come March... this team is the real deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                Not really love but part of the problem. Buried in the Fast Five article From Seth Davis: For the time being, I have decided that even if Wichita State keeps winning, I will not rank the Shockers higher than No. 5 on my ballot. The same will likely apply to the Aztecs; they've gone high enough. However, there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and the start of the tournament, and if the other top-five teams fall by the wayside and these two mighty mid-majors keep winning, then it will be hard to keep them down.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2rKkrTowy
                Not a big deal, especially if it motivates our guys im any way. Stay hungry. Play Angry..
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• High School games will be on ESPNU today while we're on ESPN3, how does this happen?

Is it the Cox contract?
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    High School games will be on ESPNU today while we're on ESPN3, how does this happen?

Is it the Cox contract?
                    and Syracuse is on again as it is every Saturday.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      High School games will be on ESPNU today while we're on ESPN3, how does this happen?

Is it the Cox contract?
                      I think Wichita/Bel Aire Sunrise Christian plays on The U today

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                        Jim Boeheim is a horse's ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                          They are always, year after year, high in the rankings and they are from an "elite" conference. Of course they are going to be scheduled every prime day. That's what the networks pay for. We keep winning and we will be getting more and more prime time slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Jim Boeheim is a horse's ass.
                            Don't you think it's an insult to the horse?

Comment

• The PA guy for the KSU @ ISU game, just accidently announced that a foul was on Wichita State instead K-STATE!

Nice free plug. :)
                              The Assman

Comment

• ESPN -Don't Look, ETHEL! - (01-25-14).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X