No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say that Coach didn't make friends with the one guy who asked about "elite" teams. Wrong way to phrase that question. It simply implied that we were not "elite" and Coach Marshall does not tolerate disrespect for his team very well. Whether that guy meant it the way it came out, I'm not sure, but the longer he talked the deeper the hole got.

Comment

• In actuality, the original question included the word "other", implying WSU was an elite team. When Marshall asked him to repeat, the reporter panicked and started fumbling for words. Loved every second of it. I think Marshall got his point across, just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        I couldn't listen to that -- the production quality / sound quality was so piss poor that my ears started to bleed. I have blood on my shirt now. From my ears.
        did anyone ask about free throw shooting?

Comment

• Can you imagine what it's like to be on the other end of the table selling HCGM say a house or a car? He'd pull your underwear up and around your head until your profit margin was zip, and you'd be happy to put money in HIS pocket just to have the ordeal over with.

Comment

• My man does not suffer fools.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              did anyone ask about free throw shooting?
              not if they know what is good for them. sheeesh

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                Jeff ******* on 810 says that WSU will lose multiple games in the valley. Multiple? Really?
                Jeff ******* is as big a tool as Gary Parrish and closing in on the king of all douches, Doug Gooblieb.

Look at his Top 25 on the ESPN poll. He's so all over the place, it just can't be taken seriously. That's probably why he's voting in a meaningless ESPN poll and not given a vote in the real one.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  not if they know what is good for them. sheeesh
                  Rosewood-You were smart enough to tweet your question. You didn't have to do the 30 second stammer like the Roanoke joker reporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Jim Benson of IlSU calls out the VaTech writer (the feller wanting to know if WSU could play with Elite teams) who voted Nova ahead of the Shox this week, 7:35. Hilarious stuff.
                    Wow, that VaTech writer has issues.

How well did WSU do against elite teams in March of last year?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Remember, when we won the NIT, we knocked Va Tech out, in their own gym, while they were the top seed.

I took awhile for Geeenburg to get over it. Sounds like this guy still isn't.
                      The Assman

Comment

• What's even better is to read his article after the interview... he makes the "It goes without saying..." comment seem like anything but a SLAM to his stupid question! http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleg...a4bcf6878.html

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                          What's even better is to read his article after the interview... he makes the "It goes without saying..." comment seem like anything but a SLAM to his stupid question! http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleg...a4bcf6878.html

I wonder if the writer's testicles had a chance to drop back down to normal position by the time he sat down to write the article. I think the moral of that story is don't piss off Gregg.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                            I wonder if the writer's testicles had a chance to drop back down to normal position by the time he sat down to write the article. I think the moral of that story is don't piss off Gregg.
                            I would have thought that the media would have learned that from last year when Dan Patrick was taken back by 3G when 3G asked a question in answer to his question about not being liked by other coaches. You don't want to go to war with 3G

Comment

• It's interviews like this that make fans of other schools hate Marshall.

Oddly enough, it's interviews like this that make fans of WSU love Marshall.

"Name an elite team and I'll tell you whether I think we can compete with them". Silence. Then he asks if Virginia Tech is an elite team. Virginia Tech is located about 20 miles from Roanoke, where that writer works. More silence.

See, that's why fans of other schools hate Marshall. When you ask him a stupid question, he tends to make you look like a moron. BTW, in his first interview with 3G, Bob Lutz asked a stupid question. That led to Marshall not giving Lutz ANYTHING for a few years, which led to Lutz hating on Marshall.

Gregg Marshall does not suffer fools lightly.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It's called "respect". Gregg deserves high respect from writers. When he doesn't seem to be getting respect from writers...Gregg does the respectful thing and puts the writer in their respective places. ;)
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X