CBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    They are usually lit Thanksgiving evening or that weekend. You will miss them by just few days. The lighting of the plaza is a event. Televised over a couple of hours with live entertainment. Draws crowds of well over 100,000. Hotel rooms over looking the Plaza along Brush creek are booked years in advance.

The limo ride could still be cool. Make sure to go past Crown Center on the way. You might see something along the way.
    There’s more to Kansas City than meets the eye. Unique attractions throughout KC beckon locals and visitors alike to find the city’s hidden gems. Explore the National WWI Museum and Memorial. Let curiosity guide you at Union Station. Walk in the steps of America's 33rd President in Independence. Uncover the city’s charm by discovering its attractions.

Overland Park native and television and film star Rob Riggle will be the honored guest to "Flip the Switch" at the 84th Annual KCP&L Plaza Lighting Ceremony on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 28th, from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. on the Country Club Plaza

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Kansas-Sports.com ‏@sportsinkansas
      Nice to see Wichita State billboards all over KC. #watchus
      :good:

Comment

Our Tickets are in Sec 103

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          If BYU has the chance to play a top 15 team and get a key RPI win, he'll be ready. I'm no Ophthalmologist, but it's my understanding the eye is one of the quickest healing organs on the body. A corneal abrasion usually takes 24 - 72 hours to heal. How do I know, I sustained one as well as a broken nose playing ball at the Y 6 years ago. Of course, I don't know the extent of severity of Mr. Mika's. For our sake, I hope it's really bad and he'll be out a week, but will be 100 percent thereafter :)
          I'll second that. They hurt like hell, but heal up really quickly. only catch is he wont be able to do too much till it does heal

Comment

@CBHOF: Six members of the 1963 @LoyolaRamblers team tell the story of their barrier breaking national championship season. http://twitter.com/CBHOF/status/4047...659968/photo/1

Comment

@Wiggys_WORLD15: Blessed to have this opportunity.. #ThankGod http://instagram.com/p/hHve_VqifH/

Comment

@MVCSports:: Congrats to the 1963 Loyola Ramblers and Xavier McDaniel -- 2013 College Basketball Hall of Famers! #MVCHoops http://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/...613888/photo/1

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

What section is everybody going to be in? I'm in 103
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

This article they spell Wichita wrong. They spelled it Witchita.
                        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                          Written by Paul Suellentrop...

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Written by Paul Suellentrop...
                            Wow. Didn't notice that till you mentioned it. I would expect that from a KC paper but not from Paul. I know it is only a typo but it really sticks out like a sore thumb.
                            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

I wouldn't put the blame on Paul Suellentrop. Whoever copied the Wichita Eagle article that Paul wrote is the one that spelled Wichita wrong.

Here is the paragraph in the Kansas City Star.
                              McDaniel follows Witchita State closely, often on his smartphone while watching his daughter play at North Carolina. His connections to Wichita State remain and former teammates Aubrey Sherrod and Gary Cundiff traveled to Kansas City for the ceremony.
                              Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/24...#storylink=cpy

And here is the same paragraph in the Wichita Eagle.
                              McDaniel follows WSU closely, often on his ESPN app on his smartphone while watching his daughter play at North Carolina. His connections to WSU remain. Sherrod and former teammate Gary Cundiff came to the ceremony.
                              Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/11/24/314...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                                Probably proofed and changed by a JoCo resident that was educated at mizzou. Very hard to believe Paul would make that kind of a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X