No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I wish Marshall would have challenged his team with a better non-conference schedule. That's simply not the way it works in college basketball any more. The Shockers did win at Saint Louis by five. That's their quality win." -Bozich

Then he went on to explain the only reason why he's voting Arizona at one is because of the computer rankings. What's the point in being a journalist if you're going to vote solely off the computer? You're proving the futility of your job by doing so.

If my opinion mattered:
    1. Florida
    2. Wichita State
    3. Syracuse
    4. Arizona
    5. Saint Louis
    6. Duke
    7. Kansas
    8. Louisville
    9. Creighton
    10. Virginia
    11. Wisconsin
    12. Cincy
    13. Villanova
    14. Iowa State
    15. SMU / San Diego State

Comment

• Originally posted by coran13 View Post
      Then he went on to explain the only reason why he's voting Arizona at one is because of the computer rankings. What's the point in being a journalist if you're going to vote solely off the computer? You're proving the futility of your job by doing so.
      Yeah, the computer rankings aspect is what I had a problem with. And which rankings do you use? LMRC I believe is one of the most accurate in predicting future performance, and they have Louisville #1. It's just a selective use of statistics to back up the argument he wants to make.

I think Arizona is a strong team, but at the same time the team that's ranked highly by the computers is one that includes a major contributor that won't play again this season. Not the same team anymore, and the team without him has been much weaker.

And I agree with your list, although I'd probably drop Syracuse further.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Like we just pick our schedule off a restaurant menu.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Like we just pick our schedule off a restaurant menu.
          Tell America we will "biggie size" our schedule...just sign up for next year.

Comment

• Well he heard Arizona was 1st on the internet so it must be true. They can't put anything on the internet that's not true.

Comment

• Dickie V, #2

Comment

Like we just pick our schedule off a restaurant menu.
                "Umm. I think I'd like to start with some Michigan State. Then maybe some San Diego State on the side. Can you take off the mid-majors though? And then maybe for dessert I'll take some Dukie."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  @SethDavisHoops: 1. Fla 2. Wich St 3. Kan 4. Zona 5. Duke 6. Syr 7. Lou 8. Creighton 9. Cincy 10. SDSU 11. St. Lou 12. UK 13. Nova 14. Wisc 15. Mich 16. USA 17. UNC 18. Mich St 19. Iowa 20. SMU 21. UConn 22. Iowa St 23. Mem 24. Ohio St 25. New Mex
                  Who is # 16?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Who is # 16?
                    Should have been UVA.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Who is # 16?
                      UVA ?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                        UVA ?
                        Vulva?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I hate sports writers that blame Marshall or WSU for our schedule. They act like they know soooo much. "That's simply not the way it works in college basketball any more." Well, Bozich, I'm sure you don't know how trying to schedule up goes in college basketball.

Comment

• I just realized there's a 7-way tie for 4th place in the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              I hate sports writers that blame Marshall or WSU for our schedule. They act like they know soooo much. "That's simply not the way it works in college basketball any more." Well, Bozich, I'm sure you don't know how trying to schedule up goes in college basketball.
                              He probably thinks we should do four or five "buy" games and thinks we are unreasonable for wanting returns

Comment

He probably thinks we should do four or five "buy" games and thinks we are unreasonable for wanting returns
                                That has been addressed in his "Comments" section.

Comment

Working...
                                X