• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Southern Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Beat Southern Illinois.
      Stop it you thread hijacker...there is serious fodder going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        I would replace all 3 of those teams (KU, UK NC) with 3 teams that have better overall records. Simple as that. This is just how I see it. I put more weight on the actual win/loss record than schedule and "potential". BUT....having said that...I of course would "consider" who those 3 teams have lost too...and I must admit it would be hard to overlook that. So if I were a voter I would put those 3 teams with 3 losses at #23, #24 and #25 to make room for 3 other teams that have a better overall record. As a voter I would penalize teams that don't go on the road and who also lose games. As a voter...I simply would not give two-shits about names on jerseys. I'd rather judge and vote on results (ala win/loss record).
        then look at who they have beat. that is what they are riding on. Michigan State, Louisville, ect are good teams to beat if you want to be ranked.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Well said. And to top it off, if the Shox go undefeated in the regular season, I will initiate a self imposed Shockernet ban for up to 1 year.
          backed up by @_kai_:??
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I'll definitely keep him to his word. I mean we'd be undefeated. Maybe I could exchange the 1 year ban for a name change to "Eater of Crow."
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• This whole conversation hinges on a huge supposition, but...

...WSU would be undefeated AND coming off of a F4. That's a huge difference between the Zags last year and Murray State when they had the big undefeated run.

When there's a F4 and an undefeated season working, that's quite a bit of gas in the "what have you done lately" tank.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                This whole conversation hinges on a huge supposition, but...

...WSU would be undefeated AND coming off of a F4. That's a huge difference between the Zags last year and Murray State when they had the big undefeated run.

When there's a F4 and an undefeated season working, that's quite a bit of gas in the "what have you done lately" tank.
                And we have some serious poll momentum. If we can crack top 5 it will be very hard (assuming we keep winning) to downgrade that.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  I'll definitely keep him to his word. I mean we'd be undefeated. Maybe I could exchange the 1 year ban for a name change to "Eater of Crow."
                  Nope. This isn't going to be an Aces board where chowderheads walk away scot-free when they put their reputation where their keyboard is, then get drilled and hide like a little girl. Plus, if that amazing accomplishment were to happen, we'd still be subjected to a spring full of "Why did we fire Gene" and "lucky to be .500" and "probably 5th at best in the Valley" baseball comments.

Probably won't happen, but............

Comment

• I want to preface my thoughts on where we should be in the polls with a couple of thoughts. I remember after our scrimmage with Baylor that the consensus was the Cle was pretty much unguardable. He was in a little bit of a funk at the beginning of the season but going forward I don't see anyone in the valley being able to match up with him. Ron's ankle is clearly hindering him and Kadeem and CJ seemed to have regressed a bit. Evan still has not hit a 3 but Nick seems as if he is coming along. I think our best basketball is ahead of us but I don't think we should be in the top 4 for at least another month or at least until the teams currently in front of us have at least 2 losses. Our SOS and the valley in general is just a giant boat anchor dragging us down. I really liked our schedule before the start of the year but it is not holding up as well as I would have liked. However I do think the Tennessee win is going to be a marquis win by the time the selection committee meets. I personally don't have an issue with us hanging around 7 for the forseeable future. Being in the top 10 helps us with recruiting and not moving up is a motivating factor for Marshall and the players.

Comment

• Just beat Northern Iowa...the rest will take care of itself. One angry game at a time, baby.

Comment

• Polls are meaningless. Winning counts. Just win!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't know that I will ever be able to predict WSU wins/losses, but it appears I can predict snow just by looking at the Shocker's home schedule.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• With KS beating #6 OS and Notre Dame beating #7 Duke, the door is wide open for us to move up two more spaces after we beat NI today.

Comment

• Parrish bumps us 3 spots to #14 after yesterday's results.

Everyone eventually gets tired of looking stupid and caves, even the most stubborn of morons. I'd guess we'll be comfortably in his top ten by this time next week if we continue winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                                With KS beating #6 OS and Notre Dame beating #7 Duke, the door is wide open for us to move up two more spaces after we beat NI today.
                                We might need a favor from Tad Boyle if we want to move up 2 spots. Oregon probably jumps us with a road win @ #20 Colorado this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X