• Show
Clear All

I sure am enjoying all the publicity. It's great to be a Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Poll comes out tomorrow.

Kevin McNamara has us at #13

Mark Berman has us at #19

Based on results so far I will project we land at #16 by a slim margin.
      When you're wrong 9 times out of 10, ya gotta pat yourself on the back a little when the 1 rolls around :)

Comment

I'm OK with our ranking. Sure, I'd like to see us in the top 10, but I think a lot of sports writers are still waiting to see if we can maintain consistency over the next few years.

Give us 2 -3 consecutive years not only making it to the NCAA tournament, but winning one or more games each time. Then if we aren't ranked higher, we have got a right to scream.

We are only 6 positions from making it into the top 10. If we do well against our OC opponents and a few of the big guys lose, who knows where we will be ranked by the time conference play starts.

Plus, as long as we stay within the top 25, we will continue to have our name and game results listed and commented on in virtually every sports page in the country. That type of PR is hard to beat.

Comment

Too high. Looks like I'm the only one who has serious questions about the offensive ability that CJ, KC and DC bring to the table. Carl Hall they are not. Also, though I like FVV very much, he's not faster/quicker than Malcom and won't be able to break down his opponent and drive the basket like MA could. IMO, this team is going to be perimeter oriented on offense. From a FG percentage, that will hurt.

I believe KC and DC will start getting comfortable with the system at mid-season and start paying dividends, but CJ no way. 20 - 25 range is more like it.

Happy Halloween!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            When you're wrong 9 times out of 10, ya gotta pat yourself on the back a little when the 1 rolls around :)
            Not only did you nail the rank, the slim margin is about as slim as it gets. Good job. That's crazy.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Too high.
              You don't say?

Comment

Too high. Looks like I'm the only one who has serious questions about the offensive ability that CJ, KC and DC bring to the table. Carl Hall they are not. Also, though I like FVV very much, he's not faster/quicker than Malcom and won't be able to break down his opponent and drive the basket like MA could. IMO, this team is going to be perimeter oriented on offense. From a FG percentage, that will hurt.

I believe KC and DC will start getting comfortable with the system at mid-season and start paying dividends, but CJ no way. 20 - 25 range is more like it.

Happy Halloween!
                4th place in the Valley sound about right?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  Interesting to note is Baylor coming in at #25. It sure is nice to hear we scrimmaged very well against a top 25 opponent.

Also interesting to note is Myron Medcalf's analysis of the AP poll. Maybe he's finally starting to come around:

"Biggest surprise? Wichita State at No. 16 and Ohio State at No. 11. Both have lost key players (Malcolm Armstead and Deshaun Thomas, respectively), but the Shockers handled the Buckeyes in the NCAA tournament and then, they nearly knocked off national champion Louisville in the Final Four. I don’t think it’s crazy to give Wichita State top 10 consideration."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...s-aps-top-slot
                  Maybe Myron is finally reading this site. Or better yet, Myron is finally learning how to read.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Happy Halloween!
                    If that's the scouting report for our opponents this year, then I'm going to need to check the 2014-'15 schedule to be able to predict the next loss for the Shox.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      Give us 2 -3 consecutive years not only making it to the NCAA tournament, but winning one or more games each time. Then if we aren't ranked higher, we have got a right to scream.
                      Except KC, who will say, "Too high."

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        Interesting to note is Baylor coming in at #25. It sure is nice to hear we scrimmaged very well against a top 25 opponent.

Also interesting to note is Myron Medcalf's analysis of the AP poll. Maybe he's finally starting to come around:

"Biggest surprise? Wichita State at No. 16 and Ohio State at No. 11. Both have lost key players (Malcolm Armstead and Deshaun Thomas, respectively), but the Shockers handled the Buckeyes in the NCAA tournament and then, they nearly knocked off national champion Louisville in the Final Four. I don’t think it’s crazy to give Wichita State top 10 consideration."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...s-aps-top-slot
                        eggsactly. that's what i've been saying for months now. i'll be disappointed if wichita state is ranked, like, 18th or something.

Comment

To try to get an unbiased view about our ranking, a Syracuse fan thought that Wichita State was ranked too low compared to the other three Final Four participants. But, he did say pre-season really doesn't matter. I remember a year after LSU went to the Final Four, they were ranked top 5 pre-season and by end of season went to the NIT. So ranks... stanks, just win Shockers...play angry.

Comment

It's easy to say pres-season or any other rankings don't matter when your team would have to have a losing record to not make the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                              I remember a year after LSU went to the Final Four, they were ranked top 5 pre-season and by end of season went to the NIT. So ranks... stanks, just win Shockers...play angry.
                              Heck, Kentucky was in the Final Four in 2012, ranked #3 in the preseason poll last year, and buttered out in their first game in the 2013 NIT.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The best thing about being ranked pre season is that you don't have to fight your way through all the other schools to get recognized for your wins early in the non con. Winning takes care of itself and puts pressure on the ones not ranked.

Comment

Working...
                                X