No announcement yet.

Preseason AP Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm feeling quite agreeable with pogo tonight. Getting your games in the ticker from beginning to end is the only benefit of being top 25.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I'm feeling quite agreeable with pogo tonight. Getting your games in the ticker from beginning to end is the only benefit of being top 25.
      Agree if we only get there once every three, four or five years. But consistent name recognition in the top 25 will in my humble opinion pay off eventually in the areas of recruiting, and easier scheduling. And perhaps even get us an invitation to another conference.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        Agree if we only get there once every three, four or five years. But consistent name recognition in the top 25 will in my humble opinion pay off eventually in the areas of recruiting, and easier scheduling. And perhaps even get us an invitation to another conference .
        This! Probably ONLY this.

Comment

It's about establishing a national name brand. In advertising it's all about reach and frequency. Reach is "how many people see your brand". Frequency is "how often do they see it".

The number of people who see "Wichita State" and the number of times they see it is what changes Wichita State from the name of an obscure school, to a recognized basketball school. The Shox have been just on the edge of national recognition for a couple years. The F4 run was the marketing blitz to create brand name recognition.

Now it's time to reinforce the awareness that was achieved through that F4 run. It's going to take a couple of years of top-25 rankings (and the publicity and name repetition that goes with that) and some success in the NCAA's (think S16 or better every 3 years or so and winning at least one game every other year).

One more E8 or better in the next 2 or 3 years and getting a couple of wins in the years when there's no big run is the obstacle WSU faces in becoming a national brand name in basketball.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

A foolish statement from the resident apologist.

Rankings are important for perception purposes as well as the added exposure it creates. To say otherwise, is something a scared fan would say and probably should change rooting interests to a smaller school, like an Evansville or something.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They only got 8 votes, but UNLV just lost to Division II Dixie State. Safe to say they probably won't be getting those votes next week.

Comment

I would love to be the marquee game on everyone's schedule, in the Top 25 at all times, and yeah, be #1 in the rankings from box to wire.

I'd be cool with that. If the team is going to have pressure, i would much rather the pressure be from knowing that have to fight and claw to keep what they have earned.

I don't want to go back to being the team with 'Nothing to lose'. That's for piss ants who like having a built in excuse when they fail. And when they win, somehow means that they just got lucky because they were willing to throw their body through a plate glass window or something stupid.

We sucked for a very long time, and I watched with my own 2 eyes nearly 20 years of piss poor basketball in Henry Leavitt Arena, losing to 2nd rate programs. SCREW GOING BACK TO THAT!!

Instead of not being able to sniff the Top 25, I want to be so damn entrenched into the Top 25, that we can't even sniff what it's like outside the Top 25.

"Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble."
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  A foolish statement from the resident apologist.

Rankings are important for perception purposes as well as the added exposure it creates. To say otherwise, is something a scared fan would say and probably should change rooting interests to a smaller school, like an Evansville or something.
                  An embarrassing statement from the resident ass. Only a small little man would feel the need to constantly insult people.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

An embarrassing statement from the resident ass. Only a small little man would feel the need to constantly insult people.
                    Thanks for countering my point.

Also I love the irony of your post. I failed to call you a name. You complained about me insulting people. And then you called me a few names.

Nicely done. Keep on keepin' on.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Thanks for countering my point.

Also I love the irony of your post. I failed to call you a name. You complained about me insulting people. And then you called me a few names.

Nicely done. Keep on keepin' on.
                      Embarrassing straw man.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Embarrassing straw man.
                        Keep rambling like a little girl.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

C'mon guys.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Cut it out guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Cut it out guys.
                              Hey I appealed to them first you copycattin' son of a Jayhawker. Your mom's a Wildcat too. Yeah I went there.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Hey I appealed to them first you copycattin' son of a Jayhawker. Your mom's a Wildcat too. Yeah I went there.
                                As you can see by my title here I'm retired. I thought your post needed validation by an old timer.

Comment

Working...
                                X