Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Am I missing anything else?
    Burned bridges by IBA/promoters/WSU AD and WSU ticket buyers?

Comment

• I will just speak for myself and assume others fall into this group as well. I bought season tickets this year, spent too much in KC watching the games, spent too much on Christmas, and now I am scared to buy tickets for this game (in fear my wife will kill me). I might just buy the $12 tickets...
      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Just a question here, but if the game does not sale out locally does it get blacked out? Does not have an impact on me, will be there with a group of 11. Just curious, I guess, maybe a blackout on TV may push a few of the stay homers to get out and go.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          If we get it down to around 1500-2000 tickets left by Saturday, we could sell-out with a decent walk-up crowd. Looks like we are headed well towards that. Anyone remember the walk-up sales for the Tulsa game?
          The walk up sales for the Tulsa game were pretty much non-existent because the media started reporting the game as being sold out a few days before the game. I think what happened was that ticket sales were going very fast and WSU made the assumption that it was going to be sold out, and the media always wanting to be first to report something, jumped the gun and started reporting the game as being sold out. That game was televised by Channel 12, but I think it would have sold out anyway if the game was not being reported as sold out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            With the whupping KjSU put on South Dakota last night, the tickets should be gone in a whiz !
            Yep, they went all WWF on SDU...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• On that Katz/Greenburg podcast interview of Marshall, coach said it would be a sellout. Obviously, he stated as fact what is really a hopeful embellishment. If that's being said other places, people may already be under the impression it's sold out. And unless it's all over TV/radio/interwebz that a lot of tickets remain, it may be difficult to undo the falsehood.

Comment

• I wouldn't find it too unusual to come up a few short of a sellout at this time of year. There's a lot going on and many in competition for your money. Each of the three division one teams in Kansas has a neutral site game this month, and none of them have sellouts. Kansas plays New Mexico in Kansas City on Saturday, and tickets are still available from the usual ticket outlet, plus over 1,000 for sale on StubHub. Once the bandwagon clears after that Florida loss, expect that number to jump to 10,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                  Burned bridges by IBA/promoters/WSU AD and WSU ticket buyers?
                  Not the best way to get a point across, but whatever floats their boats.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
                    Just a question here, but if the game does not sale out locally does it get blacked out? Does not have an impact on me, will be there with a group of 11. Just curious, I guess, maybe a blackout on TV may push a few of the stay homers to get out and go.
                    It will not be blacked out.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      On that Katz/Greenburg podcast interview of Marshall, coach said it would be a sellout. Obviously, he stated as fact what is really a hopeful embellishment. If that's being said other places, people may already be under the impression it's sold out. And unless it's all over TV/radio/interwebz that a lot of tickets remain, it may be difficult to undo the falsehood.
                      You may be right. I talked to a guy at lunch today who thought the game was sold out. I quickly told him no it wasn't and that there were over 2,000 tickets left.

I was quick to set him straight, because I missed the Tulsa game because I thought it was sold out. I had to work in Hutch that day, and I wasn't sure I would get back in time for the game, so I didn't buy tickets ahead of time. I told my nephew to be ready to go and if I got back in time we would go. But the day before the game I heard on the radio and then again on the TV sports that night that the game was already sold out. So sure enough, I got done early, got back to Wichita in plenty of time to make the game but I didn't even bother trying to go because I thought the game was sold out. I just watched it on TV. So I know for sure that if the local media hadn't jumped the gun on reporting a sellout at least 2 more people would have been at the Tulsa game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Ticket Update: Everything is now sold out except for the $12 tickets. There are 2,811 $12 tickets left. Sales need to average 700 a day for a sell out. Still very doable. Especially if there is a good walk up crowd. There is 55 tickets left on StubHub starting at $38!

The Gonzaga game, on the other hand still has 3315 tickets left including 188 lower bowl tickets (about the same place as they were 2 weeks ago), There are a whopping 477 Gonzaga tickets left on Stub Hub starting at just $11.50. All of their promotion during the last 2 weeks have gained them almost no sales.
                        2664 tickets remaining. Stubhub has 21 left, starting at $89.99 in the upper bowl, $99 in the lower bowl. Now that the secondary market is basically gone it might result in a little bit of a bump in the IBA sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          2664 tickets remaining. Stubhub has 21 left, starting at $89.99 in the upper bowl, $99 in the lower bowl. Now that the secondary market is basically gone it might result in a little bit of a bump in the IBA sales.
                          That's not quite 200 tickets in 13 hours. For normal days, that's really good. But in crunch time, if you're hoping for a sellout, it's a bit disappointing. 14,000 looks to be the target.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            That's not quite 200 tickets in 13 hours. For normal days, that's really good. But in crunch time, if you're hoping for a sellout, it's a bit disappointing. 14,000 looks to be the target.
                            Hard to predict what kind of last minute walk up crowd you might get, but I agree that we will probably fall a little short of a sellout. 14,000 seems reasonable to me.

Comment

• I will be disappointed in our fans if this fails to sell out. There will be lots of excuses and sugarcoating, but it really is too bad if we come up short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                I will be disappointed in our fans if this fails to sell out. There will be lots of excuses and sugarcoating, but it really is too bad if we come up short.
                                Well at least next time somebody complains they can't get a ticket and they should have raised the roof of Koch - the last several years of Iba attendance can be pointed at.

Comment

Working...
                                X