No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh good God, Grant Meech just reported on Channel 12 that the game is sold out. Are you effing KIDDING me?

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Oh good God, Grant Meech just reported on Channel 12 that the game is sold out. Are you effing KIDDING me?
      KWCH should buy any remaining tickets for that crap.

I know it would never happen but couldn't they reasonably be sued for damages (lost ticket sales)?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh good God, Grant Meech just reported on Channel 12 that the game is sold out. Are you effing KIDDING me?
        Here's his Facebook page if anyone wants to write on it.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          KWCH should buy any remaining tickets for that crap.

I know it would never happen but couldn't they reasonably be sued for damages (lost ticket sales)?
          For some reason I seem to remember this happening one of the previous years as well. How hard is it to check selectaseat.com and see 2,500 tickets remain...?

Comment

• Such a remarkably dumb mistake. They need to imitate Keegan and make it right with a retraction that results in some free advertising.

Comment

• When people do stuff this weird you have to wonder if its on purpose right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                When people do stuff this weird you have to wonder if its on purpose right?
                Sloppy journalism? Yes. He should have fact checked before reporting it. However, I don't think he would do something maliicious against the Shockers. Grant seems like a good guy. He doesn't have a dog in the race. He's a CO ST grad.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I agree with all of your suggestions.

Branching out a bit, I know a lot of people can't stand Bruce Haertl, the sports anchor; Bruce Haertl, the play-by-play guy; Bruce Haertl, the Sports Daily guy, etc. I would agree with a few of those but one thing is certain.. Bruce wouldn't make that mistake. I've noticed since he left, WSU at times takes an interesting back seat, and it seems like it's more important to include KU and KSU as much as WSU in everything, even though WSU is the local team. Tonight, for example, there's a big ass game with the local Top 10 basketball team and it didn't even make the first segment, while the lead-ins are KU getting thrashed and KSU squeaking by South Dakota. I know those happened recently, but I guarantee you Bruce leads with the Shocks in that same situation. Grant is ok and I know everybody likes Ms. eye candy Jenn, but I feel WSU coverage has waned ever so slightly, during one of the highest, if not the highest times in Shocker basketball history.

But how the fudge do you not take the 2 seconds it takes to research the situation? Totally flipping unacceptable and highly irresponsible.

shox1989 may have a broken computer screen later on tonight when he finds this info out.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    Sloppy journalism? Yes. He should have fact checked before reporting it. However, I don't think he would do something maliicious against the Shockers. Grant seems like a good guy. He doesn't have a dog in the race. He's a CO ST grad.
                    Agreed. It is really shoddy jouralism, but it doesn't take much to misinterpret "will sell out" to "has sold out." The lack of fact checking is distressing, but all too common.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Grant Meech is a douche:

On Twitter: @KWCHGrant
                      Turns out I was wrong - tickets still available. But don't tell anyone, better scalping price that way

Comment

• Remember, coach Marshall got it wrong, so perhaps someone at WSU is giving out incorrect information when asked?

I think Marshall's words on that ESPN podcast were very close to "we'll be playing in front of a sold-out crowd at the downtown arena". I don't recall him saying "we expect to be", but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Wherever it's coming from, it's embarrassing.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I agree with all of your suggestions.

Branching out a bit, I know a lot of people can't stand Bruce Haertl, the sports anchor; Bruce Haertl, the play-by-play guy; Bruce Haertl, the Sports Daily guy, etc. I would agree with a few of those but one thing is certain.. Bruce wouldn't make that mistake. I've noticed since he left, WSU at times takes an interesting back seat, and it seems like it's more important to include KU and KSU as much as WSU in everything, even though WSU is the local team. Tonight, for example, there's a big ass game with the local Top 10 basketball team and it didn't even make the first segment, while the lead-ins are KU getting thrashed and KSU squeaking by South Dakota. I know those happened recently, but I guarantee you Bruce leads with the Shocks in that same situation. Grant is ok and I know everybody likes Ms. eye candy Jenn, but I feel WSU coverage has waned ever so slightly, during one of the highest, if not the highest times in Shocker basketball history.

But how the fudge do you not take the 2 seconds it takes to research the situation? Totally flipping unacceptable and highly irresponsible.

shox1989 may have a broken computer screen later on tonight when he finds this info out.
                            I don't know. I don't live in the KWCH viewing area a majority of the year but when I am home it certainly seems as if it is all WSU all the time.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              2,542 tickets left - so not a sellout yet, and the trend unless ticket sales pickup won't be sellout.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1040[/ATTACH]
                              41 tickets sold since this post.

2501 remaining.

I'd guess we end up 700 seats short or so.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                                For some reason I seem to remember this happening one of the previous years as well. How hard is it to check selectaseat.com and see 2,500 tickets remain...?
                                So History repeats itself. Yes it happened with the Tulsa game and I think it was basically the same time period. About 2 to 3 days before the game. And that time ALL OF THE LOCAL MEDIA started repeating the mistake. It kept getting repeated over and over again right up until game time. Hopefully this time the opposite will happen, hopefully there will be an emphasis on setting the record straight and the fact that there are 2500 tickets remaining!

Comment

Working...
                                X