Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that he seems to have been permanently banned while people like shockkansas have been able to blatantly troll this forum.

Cold deserved a ban. He didn't deserve a permanent one, though.
    Yeah, I don't understand how a diehard WSU fan got banned immediately while trolls from other schools seem to get banned much more slowly, or not even get banned at all I know Cold has caused some issues here in the past, and some of his thoughts have annoyed me (i.e. his thoughts on Jake White) but it's good to have different opinions and it makes the place more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      Yeah, I don't understand how a diehard WSU fan got banned immediately while trolls from other schools seem to get banned much more slowly, or not even get banned at all I know Cold has caused some issues here in the past, and some of his thoughts have annoyed me (i.e. his thoughts on Jake White) but it's good to have different opinions and it makes the place more interesting.
      Let's be fair. Cold didn't "get banned immediately". He's rankled every owner of this fine forum over the years. He's been sent to timeout more times than I can count and I would hate to know the amount of time he's wasted with the owners, to say nothing of all the other posters, who discuss his actions in private with him, trying to get him to throttle back and answering complaints from people that don't like his "style".

That being said, I would support his return. HOWEVER, I will not complain to @_kai_: if he doesn't. He's the one that has to suffer, BY FAR, the most.

And you KNOW even if Cold is on his best behavior early, he's unlikely to stay there. He'll eventually drive more people away than he stimulates with his "edge".

Kind of seems like I am taking the side of supporting his continued expulsion.....I am not, but it's close.

Comment

To get off topic from this rabbit trail for just one second, can someone explain how the ban works? It seems like a username ban would be ineffective, right? They could just create another username. So is it also an IP address ban?

Comment

Cold didn't "fall hook, line, and sinker" to a couple of Louisville trollers like some have said. He brought that on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Let's be fair. Cold didn't "get banned immediately". He's rankled every owner of this fine forum over the years. He's been sent to timeout more times than I can count and I would hate to know the amount of time he's wasted with the owners, to say nothing of all the other posters, who discuss his actions in private with him, trying to get him to throttle back and answering complaints from people that don't like his "style".

That being said, I would support his return. HOWEVER, I will not complain to @_kai_: if he doesn't. He's the one that has to suffer, BY FAR, the most.

And you KNOW even if Cold is on his best behavior early, he's unlikely to stay there. He'll eventually drive more people away than he stimulates with his "edge".

Kind of seems like I am taking the side of supporting his continued expulsion.....I am not, but it's close.
            Thanks Doc. This was good insight for me. I definitely support our mods in everything. They know better than I do by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              I think it's ridiculous that he seems to have been permanently banned while people like shockkansas have been able to blatantly troll this forum.

Cold deserved a ban. He didn't deserve a permanent one, though.
              Considering @shockkansas: has been banned for 2 months, I don't know what you're saying? Maybe get the facts straight first?

Cold is never coming back. I don't talk about bans publicly with people, but since people think that Cold is some innocent person, and all these "free boozie" type posts, let's get to it.

Do you all understand how many times I've sent him PM's asking him to tone it down? Do you know how many threads we've had in the moderator's forum about his actions? Do you realize how many PM's from forum members I've received asking what's the deal with Cold's attitude and posting style?

He's never coming back. He had AMPLE opportunities to stop violating rules, and causing problems.

That's the last time I talk about a ban in public, and the last time I talk about Cold.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

God bless you, and thanks for all you do.

Comment

so wheatshockers.com will be the for the shocker fan looking to express his free speech while shockernet will be for the uptight shocker fan always posting with the fear of a possible ban for showing too much emotion? lol

Comment

That poll looked like the Republican/Democratic poll with 50/50% going both ways. I think that Kai can lose either way he goes. If controversy is what you are looking for, this may not be the best place. It'll only heat up when the season is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Considering @shockkansas: has been banned for 2 months, I don't know what you're saying? Maybe get the facts straight first?

Cold is never coming back. I don't talk about bans publicly with people, but since people think that Cold is some innocent person, and all these "free boozie" type posts, let's get to it.

Do you all understand how many times I've sent him PM's asking him to tone it down? Do you know how many threads we've had in the moderator's forum about his actions? Do you realize how many PM's from forum members I've received asking what's the deal with Cold's attitude and posting style?

He's never coming back. He had AMPLE opportunities to stop violating rules, and causing problems.

That's the last time I talk about a ban in public, and the last time I talk about Cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                        so wheatshockers.com will be the for the shocker fan looking to express his free speech while shockernet will be for the uptight shocker fan always posting with the fear of a possible ban for showing too much emotion? lol
                        Ban @Metalkatz: for excessive sarcasm and calling me uptight @_kai_:!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

While we're on this subject.....

I would much rather have you ban posters who continuously take threads off topic, than Cold.

It's much more annoying to read through five pages of posts, when only two pages of them have anything to do with the original thread...

Comment

I have no worry or fear about posting what I feel like from the moderators. They do a great job and have a whole lot more patience than I would. Thanks for all they do to keep this forum from degrading into what other sites become. Free speech is always a welcome commodity but that doesn't mean stupid has to be tolerated especially if you fail to heed simple instructions/warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post

I would much rather have you ban posters who continuously take threads off topic, than Cold.

It's much more annoying to read through five pages of posts, when only two pages of them have anything to do with the original thread...
                              Now thats funny. Very good.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post

Anybody have any pics of the progress on the scoreboard?
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X