• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    Don't forget about our other rivals ;)

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=469&f=3197
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Had no idea there was a Scout site. Looks like it's essentially two posters. But I'm not going to bad mouth another Shocker board. It never hurts to have more out there.
    Like Sub, I didn't know about the Scout board, so I spent a little time reading thru some of the threads. Unlike Sub, I'll bad mouth it. It's a total embarrassment. It should be shut down. And this disgusting example of a moronic pr*ck, shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?15739-Hi., who goes by the screen name of DocZaius, and seems to be one of only two regular posters on that site, should be permanently banned from anything that is even remotely associated to Shocker fandom.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
      Like Sub, I didn't know about the Scout board, so I spent a little time reading thru some of the threads. Unlike Sub, I'll bad mouth it. It's a total embarrassment. It should be shut down. And this disgusting example of a moronic pr*ck, shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?15739-Hi., who goes by the screen name of DocZaius, and seems to be one of only two regular posters on that site, should be permanently banned from anything that is even remotely associated to Shocker fandom.
      Oooohhhh, fresh meat!

How YOU doin'? Beth, you are looking fine as the day is long. How about you forget about Wichita State for a moment and let me show you a REAL shocker? You'd like that, wouldn't you, you dirty little monkey-woman you?

doczaius to a field reporter with info on Makinde London. Gross...
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Allow him back. He help breaks up a huge amount of "Groupthink" that seems to be prevalent amongst a great deal of Shockernetters.
        This.

It gets kinda bland around here sometimes. His opinions, while edgy, are interesting, stirs conversation, and is normally done in humor. I think some people don't get the last part and prolly need to lighten up. I mean if you're defending your home turf from opposing fans you should be given a little bit more leeway than normal.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
          So over half the posts over there isn't even by a Shocker fan?

Can't really blame anybody though when there is no WSU fan presence on that site.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Back off topic,

Bring

Cold

Back.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

How does the scoreboard look today?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                How does the scoreboard look today?
                Well, since there are no activities going on, it probably looks like a giant black cube. A cool giant black cube, but a black cube none the less.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Well, since there are no activities going on, it probably looks like a giant black cube. A cool giant black cube, but a black cube none the less.
                  God, do I appreciate dry humor!

Comment

Personally, I think Cold fell hook, line and sinker to a couple of Creighton fans who were trolling our board as L'Ville fans. I miss him. Although he hates my guts I miss his presence.

Comment

I think it would be awfully funny to see a poll.

At this point, I doubt he would even want to be here anyway. It may be overly empathetic on my part, but it would sure sting to be put outside at the specific time he was...Right in the middle of that glorious run. You could say there may be some "cold blood" there :)

Without you guys, Id just have to quasi celebrate and gloat about the season with my under informed co workers, etc. It would be tough not to be able to post

Comment

Cold is my friend. He is a close friend of my step-son.

There is not any person in the world, who is more enthusiastically supportive of Wichita State and its sports teams.

Sometimes his opinions are as strong as horseradish, but it is balanced by thoughtful analysis and insight. He has been too shrill, edgy, critical, condescending, mean spirited, nasty and hard hitting at times, but his heart is in the right place always. He needs a governor at times, but not an engine shut down.

I believe in second chances. Also, I believe in third chances. If Cold is given another chance, I believe he will tone down his opinions or stated in another way, he will speak with an iron fist in a velvet glove. I would suggest more facts and less opinions.

Cold has much to offer this fine forum. I hope he returns.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

See, I don't even think Cold needs to change his tone or personality. That's what makes Cold, Cold. I think he just got caught up at the wrong place and the wrong time, with a lot of adrenaline flowing understandably during the time his team was headed to the Final Four. Before that, Cold wasn't really doing anything bad. Sure, he would piss me off with a few of his opinions and remarks about certain players on the team. But it was just an opinion. As long as it wasn't hurting anybody, then let it go. As Ricky said, Cold is too big of a Shocker fan to be left off of the site, especially during the Final Four. I think the 4 months of his absence has been punishment enough, especially coming through a very exciting off season and another big season in front of us.

If you get his humor, he's actually one the funnier posters on the forum. Peeps need to loosen up a bit. And besides, we're now missing out on all of his great summer scrimmage videos/analysis. Nobody else brings that to the table better. Nobody.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            See, I don't even think Cold needs to change his tone or personality. That's what makes Cold, Cold. I think he just got caught up at the wrong place and the wrong time, with a lot of adrenaline flowing understandably during the time his team was headed to the Final Four. Before that, Cold wasn't really doing anything bad. Sure, he would piss me off with a few of his opinions and remarks about certain players on the team. But it was just an opinion. As long as it wasn't hurting anybody, then let it go. As Ricky said, Cold is too big of a Shocker fan to be left off of the site, especially during the Final Four. I think the 4 months of his absence has been punishment enough, especially coming through a very exciting off season and another big season in front of us.

If you get his humor, he's actually one the funnier posters on the forum. Peeps need to loosen up a bit. And besides, we're now missing out on all of his great summer scrimmage videos/analysis. Nobody else brings that to the table better. Nobody.
                            I was going to post nearly the same thing as this. I haven't been around long enough to know what happened with the first ban, but this one certainly seems like it has gone on too long.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous that he seems to have been permanently banned while people like shockkansas have been able to blatantly troll this forum.

Cold deserved a ban. He didn't deserve a permanent one, though.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Bring Cold back. I miss him, his presence is needed here.

Comment

Working...
                                X