Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
    i'm sure somebody has thought of this but if the roof gets a half inch of ice and five inches of snow....is it going to collapse with that giant scoreboard?
    Another reason to fire Eric Sexton.... j/k...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
      In short, no.

Load Ratings have safety factors built in. So for instance, a bridge could hold 8000 lbs before collapsing, and with a safety factor of 4, they give it a load rating of 2000lbs. I'm in a much different field, so I don't know what safety factor is common in buildings, but I'd guess it's at least 2.
      Conventional safety factor for structural steel in commercial buildings is 3.0.

When Koch was constructed, it would not surprise me, if the design safety factor was 5.0. Structural engineers will get very conservative in structures like Koch. Nothing will put a firm out of business faster than a roof collapse.

There is a well known, local structural engineer, who has the reputation of over designing structures. He once commented to me, "I like to sleep at night."
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• If we keep up this run, we're going to need a roof redesign. Those banners can get heavy fast...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• image.jpg

...sneak peek into the almost finished locker room.
          Last edited by bighouse; August 21, 2013, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• image.jpg

And one of Cle from this years video. (I guess it fits the thread, I can see the scoreboard in the background.)

Comment

• That is sweet. Gives me goose bumps. Let's get ready to rumble.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• That is one awesome Scoreboard!!! It definately picked up some bling! I don't know how a new recruit could not be impressed with Charles Koch arena...

Comment

• This is pretty cool as well http://instagram.com/p/dSUSiTrWKU/#

Comment

• Oh, if only we could play this on the big board before a game:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      Oh, if only we could play this on the big board before a game:

That was my wife's favorite video at her previous job. (One of her bosses and a couple of co-workers were major douchenozzles.)

Comment

• Lord knows I've felt that way at work...
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Was a ribbon board supposed to be in the works too? Or am I misinformed?

Comment

• I believe the ribbon is at the top and bottom of the new scoreboard and not around the arena.

Comment

• There are ribbons on the scoreboard but also a "faux ribbon" around the arena. The ad spaces above the entrances have been replaced by video screens that can be run as individual screens or in coordination, like a ribbon.

That's going to be a huge boon for advertising, because they can cycle through a series of ads in those locations instead of a single painted sign.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• image.jpg

Picture of the finished locker room from John Robert Simons twitter.....awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X