No announcement yet.

Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDR If Plato had exchanged the word laws for rules, your friend CB would be a poster child for your quote. He did try to find a way around the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      Learn how to read...

I said people continuously taking threads off topic. And my comment was on topic, in case you hadn't seen the many posts before or after mine.

Quick, now's your chance to post a picture of some woman in a bikini.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Considering @shockkansas has been banned for 2 months, I don't know what you're saying? Maybe get the facts straight first?

Do you all understand how many times I've sent him PM's asking him to tone it down? Do you know how many threads we've had in the moderator's forum about his actions? Do you realize how many PM's from forum members I've received asking what's the deal with Cold's attitude and posting style?

That's the last time I talk about a ban in public, and the last time I talk about Cold.
        I'm not looking for a fight, but exactly how do you think these comments make sense together? I should get my facts straight regarding a ban, but bans aren't talked about in public?

You can't have it both ways. If you're not going to talk about a ban in public, then how is anyone supposed to get their facts straight regarding who has been banned? And if you're not going to talk about a ban in public, why would you think people would understand why someone has been banned? No one understands how many times you've sent him PMs ... how would anyone know that if you don't make it public? How would anyone that isn't a moderator know how many threads are in the moderator's forum that we don't have access to?

I have no problem at all with your explanation here, but if you choose to keep all administration information private, then you cannot be surprised when people don't have the information regarding them.

Either make the information public or don't be surprised when people question it. You can't have it both ways. If you want to keep administration issues private, that's your prerogative, but you should probably handle being questioned about them with a bit less anger, when it's by your choice that no one can possibly "get the facts straight."
        Last edited by Rlh04d; August 6, 2013, 01:12 AM.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Earlier this year I was having my posts deleted by RoyalShock & other moderators which pissed me off. I wanted to know why my free speech rights were being taken away. Interesting how people called me out and said youre not guaranteed freedom of speech. Yet Coldblooded gets his posts deleted and he ends up banned which causes a big outcry for him to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            I'm not looking for a fight, but exactly how do you think these comments make sense together? I should get my facts straight regarding a ban, but bans aren't talked about in public?

You can't have it both ways. If you're not going to talk about a ban in public, then how is anyone supposed to get their facts straight regarding who has been banned? And if you're not going to talk about a ban in public, why would you think people would understand why someone has been banned? No one understands how many times you've sent him PMs ... how would anyone know that if you don't make it public? How would anyone that isn't a moderator know how many threads are in the moderator's forum that we don't have access to?

I have no problem at all with your explanation here, but if you choose to keep all administration information private, then you cannot be surprised when people don't have the information regarding them.

Either make the information public or don't be surprised when people question it. You can't have it both ways. If you want to keep administration issues private, that's your prerogative, but you should probably handle being questioned about them with a bit less anger, when it's by your choice that no one can possibly "get the facts straight."
            I don't really want to get involved, but you called out @shockkansas: enough publicly that you really should have went to PM at some point, in which case you would have learned that he was banned. Calling out an individual poster publicly can only cause a @ShockerFever: type argument with the person and/or easily be missed by a moderator for some duration. And if/when it's eventually caught, you are left out of the loop on any action taken because you didn't take it private.

And that's not in conflict with his statement. He would have discussed the ban privately, but it's incumbent on you to start that conversation privately.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

SCOREBOARDS ARE AWSM! ME LIKEY!
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Ah, this is the part of running the board that I don't miss. I get my share of middle school puffery and attitude in my day job. And I certainly don't miss having to constantly decide if someone is being an occasional pecker or a constant prack.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  Like Sub, I didn't know about the Scout board, so I spent a little time reading thru some of the threads. Unlike Sub, I'll bad mouth it. It's a total embarrassment. It should be shut down. And this disgusting example of a moronic pr*ck, shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?15739-Hi., who goes by the screen name of DocZaius, and seems to be one of only two regular posters on that site, should be permanently banned from anything that is even remotely associated to Shocker fandom.
                  Hi. Your mother's a whore.
                  Last edited by DocZaius; November 30, 2016, 09:47 AM. Reason: comedy

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I don't really want to get involved, but you called out @shockkansas enough publicly that you really should have went to PM at some point, in which case you would have learned that he was banned. Calling out an individual poster publicly can only cause a @ShockerFever type argument with the person and/or easily be missed by a moderator for some duration. And if/when it's eventually caught, you are left out of the loop on any action taken because you didn't take it private.

And that's not in conflict with his statement. He would have discussed the ban privately, but it's incumbent on you to start that conversation privately.
                    I did PM Kai about it. I did not get an answer.

I should have taken it to PM before I did, but I didn't know how administration on the forum worked at the time. That's my fault, and there's a number of things I could have done better there. But I did start a private conversation and the lack of response led me to believe I was ignored.
                    Last edited by Rlh04d; August 6, 2013, 11:51 AM.
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      RDR If Plato had exchanged the word laws for rules, your friend CB would be a poster child for your quote. He did try to find a way around the rules.
                      Sorry, I am not following "word laws" and "your quote."

Anyway whatever I did was not mean spirited.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Sorry, I am not following "word laws" and "your quote."

Anyway whatever I did was not mean spirited.
                        He's talking about your sig line.
                        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                        Students > Alumni
                        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                          I did PM Kai about it. I did not get an answer.

I should have taken it to PM before I did, but I didn't know how administration on the forum worked at the time. That's my fault, and there's a number of things I could have done better there. But I did start a private conversation and the lack of response led me to believe I was ignored.
                          Next time attach a copy of those FSU cheerleader photos you have laying around. That'll get a response!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Next time attach a copy of those FSU cheerleader photos you have laying around. That'll get a response!
                            Or that one posted here recently of an OU lady! She seemed smart. Technically I'm a Sooner as well these days ... still trying to get used to that.

Anywho, I don't want to pile on. I'm sure this issue has been frustrating enough without me getting involved. I've been an admin on a large forum before, and I know it's aggravating and generally thankless. The moderation and administration on this forum is so invisible that I haven't even been aware it happens, which is a good thing, but it also made it so I never even thought to talk to anyone in private until I'd already brought it up in public. I should have known better than thinking that a forum as good as this didn't have more going on behind the scenes.

Last edited by Rlh04d; August 6, 2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

image.jpg
                              From Suellentrops twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]890[/ATTACH]
                                From Suellentrops twitter.
                                Looks awesome. Let's hope the graphics, presentation, and professionalism will upgrade themselves as well.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X