Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Well I started there but reminded myself that that is not an option at Koch Arena. :(
    Could be. There is beer at baseball games. Just sayin'
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Interesting place to draw the line on "not an option at Koch Arena." :)
      Haha, well I guess I did censor myself. I shoulda rolled with beer after all!

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Could be. There is beer at baseball games. Just sayin'
      Hmm, I forgot about that sweet little piece of hypocrisy. What's the justification for allowing it at one event but not another? You can't say it's a dry campus. You can't say it's because it would expose minors to alcohol (they are at the baseball games too). Probably the real answer is that our basketball fans are plenty rowdy at times without adding any fuel on the flames.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Haha, well I guess I did censor myself. I shoulda rolled with beer after all!

Hmm, I forgot about that sweet little piece of hypocrisy. What's the justification for allowing it at one event but not another? You can't say it's a dry campus. You can't say it's because it would expose minors to alcohol (they are at the baseball games too). Probably the real answer is that our basketball fans are plenty rowdy at times without adding any fuel on the flames.
        ding! ding! ding!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Actually the baseball field is not technically "on campus"... thus beer sales.

Comment

• IBA has it at their games. But then someone would have to walk it off on the way to their car. :)

Comment

A truly visionary athletic director wouldn't be poosy-footing around with scoreboard upgrades. A truly visionary athletic director would be trying to figure out how to get these features installed on Kung Wu's seat:

1) a seat warmer with an adjustable thermostat
              2) a refrigerating beverage holder built into the arm of the seat to keep my soda at a perfect 35F
              3) a massager built into the back of the seat
              4) a service button built into the arm where I can call an attendant to bring me nachos
              5) a headset jack built into the left arm, pretuned to Kennedy's show and with 60 second recorded rewind
              6) a foot massager built into the floor (obviously designed to work with shoes on)
              7) an ultra low power wifi antenna so that we can all simultaneously watch highlights during the boring halftime shows
              8) a foot activated, noiseless fan built into the floor that shoots straight up for those nights when @pogo or other seat mates had pregame burritos
              9) the arm should have a built-in 2" air cannon that can be shot at a 60 angle for the purpose of launching a streamer and or wad of confetti

That's what a TRULY visionary athletic director would be working on.
              Seriously, you don't have those amenities? Admittedly I don't have #3, #4 or #6 but I really don't mind having one of the female cheerleaders handling those things for me, although it is quite a chore hauling that huge bag of cash to the arena for the necessary tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s View Post
                Actually the baseball field is not technically "on campus"... thus beer sales.
                It appears on the campus map I viewed

Comment

• The RSC is definitely on campus, and they (at least used to) sell beer downstairs

Comment

• I believe neither the RSC or Eck Stadium are owned by the university, so that is why beer sales are permitted. I know there is some weird rule like that. Don't take my word as gold though.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Seriously, you don't have those amenities? Admittedly I don't have #3, #4 or #6 but I really don't mind having one of the female cheerleaders handling those things for me, although it is quite a chore hauling that huge bag of cash to the arena for the necessary tips.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The RSC and Eck are both on campus. They are both owned by WSU. I can't speak for Rhatigan, but regarding beer sales at the Eck, the NCAA has NO rules preventing alcohol sales at regular season events, but does ban all sales and advertising of alcohol at championship events. Alcohol sales at regular season events are at the descetion of each university.

online.wsj.com/article/SB125271416817105157.html
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Put beer sales in the concessions at CKA and the volume level will go up by 50% and the assistant coaches will all have very comfortable lifestyles.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Put beer sales in the concessions at CKA and the volume level will go up by 50% and the assistant coaches will all have very comfortable lifestyles.
                            No kidding... And imagine how much more they will make from all the people who are behind me in line.

Comment

• SEE, SEE, I told you beer was part of the FDA's food pyramid, but nooooo you didn't believe me!!

Comment

• I thought I have heard announced at college football games that the NCAA prohibits sale if alcohol at its events.

Comment

Working...
                                X