Pics of New Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
    Actually, the "5%" that is always referred to for full strength is alcohol by volume and the 3.2 is alcohol by weight. 5% abv is only 4% abw
    I know. That is why the law is archaic. Beer is diluted to remove .8% of abw. I guess it makes the puritans feel as if they're doing something. Meanwhile, by the time you mix a rum and coke, you have about 12% alcohol, 20% if you mix it really stiff.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
      Actually, the "5%" that is always referred to for full strength is alcohol by volume and the 3.2 is alcohol by weight. 5% abv is only 4% abw
      I think both are by weight.

Comment

• From the Miller-Coors FAQ

How is the alcohol content in beer measured?

Alcohol content in beer is typically measured in one of two ways: by volume (which is most common) or by weight. Using Coors as an example: A 12-ounce serving contains 5.0 percent alcohol by volume which means that of all the liquid in the container, 5.0 percent of the liquid is alcohol. The same 12-oz. serving of Coors Light is about 4.0 percent alcohol by weight, which means that of the total weight of the liquid in the container, 4.0 percent of the weight is contributed by the alcohol.

Sounds simple, but if we're talking about the exact same serving of beer, why the difference between volume and weight measurements? That's because a given volume of alcohol weighs less than the same volume of water. (An ethyl alcohol molecule, or C2H5OH, is larger than a molecule of water, or H2O, and takes up more space.) So whatever the serving size, the alcohol weight percentage will always be smaller than the volume percentage. This basic fact should help dispel any myth about 3.2 beers or so-called "near-beers" allegedly containing much less alcohol compared to regular beers. The "3.2" in 3.2 beers represents the percentage of alcohol by weight, which means that there's about 4 percent alcohol by volume in the beer. Anyone who believes that he or she cannot become intoxicated consuming 3.2 beer is just plain wrong. If you know of anyone who's a believer in the 3.2 beer "myth," do him or her a favor and share the facts.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
          I think both are by weight.
          You would be wrong. While alcohol is generally measured abv, 3.2 beer is measured abw. Like I've said, archaic law, makes little difference but the 3.2 beer gets more water.

http://wineandjurisprudence.org/the-legacy-of-3-2-beer/
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The 3 different tour guides I had (on 3 different trips to the tourney) looked at me like they had no clue about different alcohol contents and simply said, "we just make one beer here."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
              The 3 different tour guides I had (on 3 different trips to the tourney) looked at me like they had no clue about different alcohol contents and simply said, "we just make one beer here."
              Had you visited the reception/tasting room before the tours???
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I think the tread title should be changed to "pics of new scoreboard (beware of random multi-page tangents)

Comment

• COW!!!

Comment

• From the athletic department facebook page:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• image.jpg

From shaqs twitter....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        From the athletic department facebook page:

Look at the top of the pic, and you can see the new speaker arrays. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

video of scoreboard on vine

Comment

• Rise.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Wow!
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• That looks freaking AWESOME.

Comment

Working...
                                X