2013-14 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 Schedule

Thought it'd be nice to have a thread for any and all scheduling news, rumors, bickering and praise.

The games we are currently locked in to (please tell me if I am forgetting any):

CBE Classic (2 home games vs. TBA, 2 games in KC vs. DePaul/Texas/BYU)
    @ Tulsa
    vs. Davidson
    vs. Tennessee (Intrust Bank Arena)
    vs. ORU
    vs. Western Kentucky (ESPN 24 Hour Tipoff Marathon)
    @ Alabama

Rumored matchups:

@ St. Louis (trying to match up dates)
    vs. high-quality neutral court opponent

That represents ten games we that are definitely on the slate, leaving a maximum of three that will be determined over the coming months.
    Last edited by Guest; June 2, 2013, 06:04 PM.

That's a good looking lineup already.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Are you sure we get Detroit next year and not the year after?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        Are you sure we get Detroit next year and not the year after?
        Pretty sure. Right around the time ESPN announced that this was BB's last season, they said that all return games were being moved forward a year so that there wouldn't be any obligations extending beyond 2013-14. I searched briefly for the link but couldn't find it.

Speculation- I expect Charleston Southern to be on the schedule again. I know HCGM is tight with their staff and they've been an excellent buy-game the last two seasons. The Bucs return all but 2 players from a team that won the Big South and should contend for another title next year.

Comment

Isn't there a rumor about a possible game in Brooklyn?

Comment

Tulsa needs to become Koch Arena South next year.

Comment

That's a good start, but in order to get a seed above 5, I think we need one or two wins from team in the top 25 RPI.

Of that list, I think only Tennessee has a shot at being top 25.

Comment

I expect Texas to make a little noise next year. They were very young this year and their Coach will be motivated.

Comment

We need to see if louisville wants a game, even if its a buy game only. Home and home with St Louis or someone like that.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    I expect Texas to make a little noise next year. They were very young this year and their Coach will be motivated.
                    Big 12 should be weak again, too.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Tulsa needs to become Koch Arena South next year.
                      Totally agree. Having seen the BOK twice in the last week, trust me, it's an easy drive even if we play them on campus. This program has delivered a Final Four.....the days of sending 250-1000 fans a mere 2+ hours to a roadie should be over.

Anything less than 2.5k for a weekend tilt in Tulsa or KC should be disappointing at a minimum. Probably why we'll play Tulsa during the week.

Comment

Still have Elgin's MVC-B12 KC idea, the Brooklyn idea, and whatever the FF cache can bring. Should be able to put together a solid schedule in the next month.

Comment

If we play Louisville at the Bucket, I'm going to make the 15 minute drive to the game!! LOL!!

Comment

My personal hope is to schedule a series with either Ohio State or Louisville. I'd like the opportunity to get one marquee level (Sweet 16 or better level) opponent before the conference season.

Comment

Possible games with New Mexico and Cincinnati as well.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X