No announcement yet.

2013-14 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No better time to strike than now!!! Name recognition, the mindset that if a team loses to WSU, not a bad loss, etc...c'mon, Eric!!! Get it done!!!!

Comment

Is the preseason NIT tourney an option since we are already committed to the CBE Classic? I am thinking the NIT fill the tourney with final four teams plus some other fill ins???
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        Possible games with New Mexico and Cincinnati as well.
        That would be great. What is the source of this info?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          I think it was Doc.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does anyone recall the site that shows who's looking for games? I'm drawing a blank.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Found it.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

when does Air Force do a return game?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  It was mentioned on the radio during one of the NCAA Tournament games that we're in talks with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    when does Air Force do a return game?
                    They don't do return games for the MWC-MVC Challenge. Probably just as well since AFA loses almost everyone who was good from this year's team.

Comment

Teams to consider looking for H/H: George Mason, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State (N/N), Washington State (N/H), Murray State, New Mexico, Southern Miss, Central Florida, New Mexico State, Marquette

Teams to consider looking to be bought: Weber State, Abilene Christian (wouldn't count against RPI), Drexel

Teams to consider looking to buy: Ohio State, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State

I think the above could be considered. Obviously, some are more desireable than the others. Abilene Christian was only thrown in should we have an issue completing the schedule for some reason. Transitioning team that doesn't count against the RPI.

It's always possible I missed something and there were a few I considered but didn't add for one reason or another.

America’s leader in organizing exciting, memorable and unique tours and tournaments for college and high school teams and their fans.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                        It was mentioned on the radio during one of the NCAA Tournament games that we're in talks with them.
                        Yes. In the LaSalle pregame.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I could handle a one-and-done buy game at Louisville. I bet a TV deal could be worked out. I doubt Pitino wants the game. He loses more of his core team than Marshall does.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'd like to see a 1 and done with Kentucky, but only if we can schedule it in November/first week of December. Normally I think buy games against the top team in the country are dumb, but I think it will take a month (at least) for Cal's freshmen lottery picks figure things out and round into form.

I would honestly give us 50/50 odds in that game if it could be the first or second game of the season, a la VCU this year.

Comment

ill take Michigan States money to go in and beat them

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                Thought it'd be nice to have a thread for any and all scheduling news, rumors, bickering and praise.

The games we are currently locked in to (please tell me if I am forgetting any):

CBE Classic (2 home games vs. TBA, 2 games in KC vs. DePaul/Texas/BYU)
                                @ Tulsa
                                @ Detroit
                                vs. Davidson
                                vs. Tennessee (Intrust Bank Arena)

That represents eight games we that are definitely on the slate, leaving a maximum of five that will be determined over the coming months (assuming the MVC adds a 10th member).
                                I believe the CBE is exempt so it should only count as 1 game.

Comment

Working...
                                X