2013-14 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    That's a good start, but in order to get a seed above 5, I think we need one or two wins from team in the top 25 RPI.

Of that list, I think only Tennessee has a shot at being top 25.
    Yes, and I am pretty sure that a loss to the conference cellar dweller does not help along with two inexplicable losses to UE.

Just sayin'.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Who invited Mr. Negativity....

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        Yes, and I am pretty sure that a loss to the conference cellar dweller does not help along with two inexplicable losses to UE.

Just sayin'.
        Well, Ricky, Michigan lost to Penn State when they were actually winless in conference late in the season, and they squeaked out a #4 seed. Still need to handle Evansville better, but remember -- secret weapon Ron Baker didn't play against them this past season.

That's a good, forward-looking measure of this team: they were 15-3 with Baker in the lineup, and the "worst" of those three losses (vs. Tennessee) was just after the departure of Wessel.

Comment

After several beers the other night, I pitched the idea to Louisville fans of a neutral court series with them. One game at the Scott Trade Center (closer to Louisville) and one game at the Sprint Center (closer to us). We could throw two more teams in at each site to make it a doubleheader if we wanted or switch up and play the other teams the next night so traveling fans would get to see their teams play more than one game. But us and Louisville would be the marquee matchup at both sites.

Anyway, I got a resounding "hell yes" from all of them. They really liked the idea of a new (actually old) rival west of the Mississippi. Some of them said they really never thought about playing us non conference because of the difficulties of a home and home series. I explained to them the Gonzaga model and how they started it but it was time for us to perfect it.

Interesting banter and dialogue.

Comment

The Barclays Center (Brooklyn) is in touch with VCU about scheduling a neutral court game next year. I have no link for this but the source is someone who would know. I also have no idea if this is the same game that WSU was thought to be involved with.

Speculate away.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a WSU/VCU game in Brooklyn.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I wouldn't mind a WSU/VCU game in Brooklyn.
                Butthurt Shaka probably would.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Butthurt Shaka probably would.
                  That is such BS!

;)

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    The Barclays Center (Brooklyn) is in touch with VCU about scheduling a neutral court game next year. I have no link for this but the source is someone who would know. I also have no idea if this is the same game that WSU was thought to be involved with.

Speculate away.
                    This would be AWESOME!!! I rarely get to see my Shox here in NYC. Side note, and as I've mentioned multiple times before, the Shox are 6-0 in games played in the Northeast over the last 10 years (the length of time I've lived in NYC). So it would seem that as long as I live in NYC and the Shockers play games in the Northeast then we are unbeatable!! This logic is flawless, just trust me. ;)
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

There are still a couple of interesting exempt tournaments that have vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        There are still a couple of interesting exempt tournaments that have vacancies.
                        I believe you only get one exempt per year. Which ones are they?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          I believe you only get one exempt per year. Which ones are they?
                          You are correct. I stated my comment poorly. It would be nice if some of the Valley schools would jump on these vacancies....or we can get out of the CBE and go to the Battle 4 Atlantis where KU is playing. Maybe Atlantis will buy us out of the CBE. :)

Legends Classic, The Battle 4 Atlantis, Anaheim Classic, Las Vegas Invitational, and the Diamond Head Classic all have main act openings.

Bradley, Drake, Evansville, Illinois State, Southern Illinois do not have commitments to exempt tournaments this year. Of those teams, I think Bradley and Drake have the best chance of winning a game or two.

Come on Mr. Elgin connect these dots.

Comment

I want to play in the CBE..Close drive tbh.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Kabongo just declared for the NBA draft. That sucks- Texas was going to be a potentially very good opponent in next year's CBE. Now we're stuck with a terrible DePaul team and BYU/Texas both likely in the 50-100 range. Blergh.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                Kabongo just declared for the NBA draft. That sucks- Texas was going to be a potentially very good opponent in next year's CBE. Now we're stuck with a terrible DePaul team and BYU/Texas both likely in the 50-100 range. Blergh.
                                Texas is going to suck next year. If we play them, we need to beat them by 30 just to make a statement...
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X