Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    We won't be preseason ranked. We'll get votes, but won't make the Top 25. They'll look at us losing Mal and Carl and two other seniors and make us win 10 in a row before getting in.
    I agree we probably won't be ranked at the start of the year. It will get easier to get into the Top 25 though as we will have a lot more visibility and name recognition.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      We'll be top 5 for no other reason than we return Ron Baker. We could lose the rest of the roster and still be preseason top 10 because of Ron.

;)
      And Tekele. And FVV.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The incoming players next year, the year after that, and the year after that will all have Baker, FVV, and Wessel telling them, "this is how we do things at WSU". The influence of those players will last longer than their eligibility.

Throw in Cotton for 2 of those years.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We won't be preseason ranked. We'll get votes, but won't make the Top 25. They'll look at us losing Mal and Carl and two other seniors and make us win 10 in a row before getting in.
          Shoot, after we win on Monday night, they will still find a way to not make us #1 in the final polls. That's how life is for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            Shoot, after we win on Monday night, they will still find a way to not make us #1 in the final polls. That's how life is for WSU.
            When we win the title, the AP and Coaches would rank us around 15th in the country. Next year we'll start the season in the others section around 35th.

Either way, I'm not worried.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
              Sounds like a fair trade to me!
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

With our win over ohio state Joe Lunardi has us still on the bubble.

Comment

We lost our five leading scorers from a team that lost in the first round of the tournament but made the Top 25 in 9 games.

And you think we won't break into the Top 25 until 10 wins despite only losing two starters and our #2, #3, and #5 scorers from a team that made the Final Four?

Incorrect.

We'll be preseason top 25.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    We lost our five leading scorers from a team that lost in the first round of the tournament but made the Top 25 in 9 games.

And you think we won't break into the Top 25 until 10 wins despite only losing two starters and our #2, #3, and #5 scorers from a team that made the Final Four?

Incorrect.

We'll be preseason top 25.
                    Do we follow the same media? 10 games was an exaggeration, but we won't start ranked.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Do we follow the same media? 10 games was an exaggeration, but we won't start ranked.
                      I know we're fully used to being ignored by the media, but I don't think the same thing will happen next season. We'll likely be the cute Creighton-like story next year (#16 preseason).

It'll be tough for anyone to argue anything about losing four seniors (and only three of which that score at all) when we lost far more last year. We'll be expected to dominate in conference next season.
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        I know we're fully used to being ignored by the media, but I don't think the same thing will happen next season. We'll likely be the cute Creighton-like story next year (#16 preseason).

It'll be tough for anyone to argue anything about losing four seniors (and only three of which that score at all) when we lost far more last year. We'll be expected to dominate in conference next season.
                        Add to that we made the Final Four with only 2 scoring. DWill has been absent sense the last game of the season.

Comment

• Much, much will be made of losing Armstead and Hall. But much will be made of returning Early, Baker, FVV and Cotton. Assuming no major defections I predict a pre-season ranking of 18.

Comment

• Even HCGM has said this has been an improbable run. I think next year's team will be more talented top to bottom, but that doesnt mean we get back where we are this year. I know we've made it look pretty easy to this point, but it's hard to win in this tournament. I for one am going to enjoy my time in Atlanta like it may never happen again! Let' worry about next year on Tuesday.

Comment

• What was Butler's preseason ranking the following year after their first championship game?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                What was Butler's preseason ranking the following year after their first championship game?
                                16/18

Comment

Working...
                                X