No announcement yet.

Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite losing four seniors, we're still going to be loaded next year.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      No doubt. I've thought before the season started that we would be better next year than this year. Obviously it will be almost impossible to top this year's achievements, but we have some serious talent back net year and some horses coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        No doubt. I've thought before the season started that we would be better next year than this year. Obviously it will be almost impossible to top this year's achievements, but we have some serious talent back net year and some horses coming in.
        Maybe it will be almost impossible to top this year's achievements, but I'm ok with matching them ;)
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Going to REALLY miss Carl and Malcolm.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
            Yes, that will be a huge hit. Actually, I picked us 2nd in the Valley this Season and that we would win the Lou with a game or two at the Dance. I really thought our overall wins would be slightly less than last Season after losing 5 of our to 7 players. Now we have 30 wins and these Shockers are still not satisfied. Now if I would have also known Preseason that we would miss Wessel for most of the Season, Hall for at least 7 games, Baker for 21 games, EO for a game or two, then what? Compound these injuies with Chadrack, D-Will, and Cotton and FVV also playing injured, now what do we predict preseason? Not many Seasons will exceed expectations like this one.

Many of us believe next Season's team could even be better than this team? If so, will they have these awesome results? Well, winning the Valley is in the cards. How about us winning the Lew for the 1st time? Yes!! However, when we Dance, will we be approaching the crest of our peaking again and beating #1 and #2 seeds at the Dance and win another 30 or more? Hmmmmm!!! Stay tuned.
            Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 2, 2013, 07:34 PM.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Since return:

FG% - 46.3
              3FG% - 39.3
              FT% - 88.9

He was 0-5 and 0-5 in Pitt game. Otherwise lights out.

Since return, but excluding Pitt game:
              FG% - 52.8
              3FG% - 47.8
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                Carl more than Malcolm. Malcolm is an incredible player and deserves a huge amount of the credit for the success of this season, but I don't think there will be that much drop off to FVV at the point. FVV's an amazing true PG, and after a stiff learning curve at the start of the season, his play has skyrocketed from about the midpoint of the season through the tournament.

I'm not sure where we replace Carl's contributions in the paint. But I'm excited to find out, because I know we'll do it.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Kadeem Coleby is supposed to be legit. I have a feeling we'll be fine underneath.

Comment

I've seen a few comments from a couple of Indiana St fans that next year's MVC race is for 2nd place. When fans of a team that saw it's share of good games this seaon and is returning everyone is already conceding the trophy to WSU, you know you're firmly established as . . .

Comment

We have been speaking of Baker as a Maker for a very long time and he will only improve. However, he too is defending like a rock star, and gets his fair share of rebounds. However, here is the 'real meal Dance deal' for his contribution that has really, really helped our team blossom. He is 2nd on our team at this here Dance in assists. Baker is an entry pass maker. And did you see him dive for that lose ball and tip it ahead to another Shocker player?

I have only seen Coleby play once. However, I am intrigued by 3G describing him as a quick and explosive leaper that can really block shots. He is not as refined on offense as Carl Hall as of yet but it was exciting that FVV and him have this alley--oop thing going and this will manifest next Season in real game high % scoring. Shaq. could very well be the very best HS player in Oklahoma this last Season and I really hope he can help us from jump street with some quality depth. We love 13 starters and finishers to play for us. It really makes us strong in the 2nd half, especially around Dance time. Mr. Wessel will be more than ready to give us his all as well and will only be a Soph?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm thinking the shock should be ranked at least in the top 15 pre-season next year...

Comment

We won't be preseason ranked. We'll get votes, but won't make the Top 25. They'll look at us losing Mal and Carl and two other seniors and make us win 10 in a row before getting in.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We won't be preseason ranked. We'll get votes, but won't make the Top 25. They'll look at us losing Mal and Carl and two other seniors and make us win 10 in a row before getting in.
                            They will be in the top 25 to start the season.....book it

Comment

Once we bring Wggins in. We will be top 10. :)
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                Once we bring Wggins in. We will be top 10. :)
                                We'll be top 5 for no other reason than we return Ron Baker. We could lose the rest of the roster and still be preseason top 10 because of Ron.

;)

Comment

Working...
                                X