Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "West Region

Wichita State Shockers: Cleanthony Early
    At 6-foot-8 and 215 pounds, Early could give La Salle problems. He's very versatile, with the ability to score and rebound in the post and also to step out and hit a jump shot. He is the type of player who has given the Explorers problems this season, and, to be honest, I'm not sure who is going to guard him. No matter what, he likely will be defended by a smaller player, and he will be a very tough matchup.

La Salle Explorers: Ramon Galloway
    It's not just that Galloway has a city game, it's that he has a Philly city game, which is a double dose of trouble for defenses. This entire team has a great feel for the game, but his is the best. His ability to rack it and shoot it with range makes him a really tough cover.I expect Wichita State to put Malcolm Armstead on him, but the Shockers will defend him by committee. This Wichita State team plays angry, so I'm expecting it to embrace the challenge of shutting Galloway down. There's nothing better than a team that plays angry."

I expect Tekele to be on Galloway, and I expect him to have "an interesting night."
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• LS plays 7.5 deep. If Zack is out, then LS plays 6.5 deep.

LS has two other bigs, who are 6-10 and 6-8. The 6-10 player, Garvin Hunt, averages 4.1 minutes per game. The 6-8 player, Jerrell Wright, averages 24.1 minutes per game. Hunt is listed as a center. Wright is listed as a forward.

The guards are 6-5, 6-5, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-1, if you can believe the roster.

Scoring is balanced between 5 players - 14.5, 10.7, 17.4, 12.8 and 8.0. These five players score 87.5% of total points scored.

It is crucial that LS stay out of foul trouble. For the season, LS has averaged 15.4 fouls per game. Not bad.

LS takes care of the ball. For the season, LS has averaged 7.8 turnovers per game. Very good.

LS's combo number for TO + PF is 23. A pretty low number. It is one that would make UNI proud.

LS's shooting numbers are 45.4%, 37.7% and 73.9%. Pretty darn good.

The Shocks will have their hands full.

You know me. I like to worry.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• What is the best local bar scene to join other fans to watch the game? F&H ?

Comment

• Larry buds is pretty good. Honestly I think a lot of the bars will have a pretty good turnout.

Maybe not as busy since its a late game on a weeknight.
          Shox-4-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            They did well enough to win against KSU who I believe are very similar to us in size and athleticism on defense. I think KSU took them lightly during the first half and figured out at halftime that these guys were good and meant business. But by the time they figured this out it was too much to overcome. GM needs to review that tape and make certain we don't pull what KSU did.
            Luckily, we're better than K-State.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Hopefully in this game, we will be able to break down their defense for easy baskets time after time.

2nd chance points and steals. Tall order.

Realistically, its going to be whether Lasalle hits their shots. If they dont hit 50% overall and 40% from three, we win.

I just think we are going to find easy baskets inside and hit enough from the outside to keep them honest.

We got beat this year when other teams just hit everything they looked at.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Finally getting over the effects of "Family Truckster Lag" (similar to jet lag, only cheaper).

Here is a link to their schedule with box scores and recaps including the tourney games. They like to play a lot minutes and it doesn't seem to bother them. Respect their ability and play our game. All that matters is focusing on the game Thursday evening. I like our chances.

Shox -79
                ExploreThis - 76

EDIT: Doh, it might be more helpful with the link: http://www.goexplorers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
                Never underestimate the power of "Truckster Lag".
                Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; March 26, 2013, 10:57 PM. Reason: Uhh, I was in a hurry the first time

Comment

• Shockers just departed, Godspeed Wichita State !!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                    Shockers just departed, Godspeed Wichita State !!!!!!!!
                    I don't know the specifics, but I understand that Jacksonville Jaguars HC, Gus Bradley, spoke to the team before they departed for LA. Crazy!
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Tom Gola, who led LaSalle to the 1955 NCAA Championship, and Shocker great Cle Littleton should be made honorary coaches for this game.

Comment

• I hope someone in the national press does their homework and mention that the Shocks are still down 1 starter. A hometown kid, who was kind of a cross between a Ron Baker, Tekele Cotton and former Shocker Graham Hatch, who was hit hardest of all by the curse of the hair shirts.

Has to be killing Evan that he can only watch, but can you imagine the fire this young man will have in his belly next year.

We haven't forgot about you Evan.

Comment

• Danny Ainge will be in L.A. waiting to welcome the team.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
                            Larry buds is pretty good. Honestly I think a lot of the bars will have a pretty good turnout.

Maybe not as busy since its a late game on a weeknight.
                            Might there still be a former MVC POY working at Larry Buds?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I hope someone in the national press does their homework and mention that the Shocks are still down 1 starter. A hometown kid, who was kind of a cross between a Ron Baker, Tekele Cotton and former Shocker Graham Hatch, who was hit hardest of all by the curse of the hair shirts.

Has to be killing Evan that he can only watch, but can you imagine the fire this young man will have in his belly next year.

We haven't forgot about you Evan.
                              Outstanding.

This team doesn't get to Thursday without Evan. They also don't there without Garrett, Toure', Joe, David, Ben and every other former player and coach that laid the foundation for this team's ultimate success. And those folks absolutely have the right to share in the moment and bask in the glory.

In many ways, it's a team, a family, a city, a nation.....ShockerNation!

Comment

• Larry Bird works at Larry Buds? It kind of makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                                X