Wichita State vs. LaSalle- Sweet Sixteen Showdown Discussion and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
    Danny Ainge will be in L.A. waiting to welcome the team.
    Ah trying to weasel his way in again. If we told you once we have told you a 1000 times, we already have a coach Danny and a damn fine one at that!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Might there still be a former MVC POY working at Larry Buds?
      I don't think so. I could be incorrect though.

Comment

• LaSalle fans seem to think this is the first time there has been 3 non bcs teams in the sweet 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Might there still be a former MVC POY working at Larry Buds?
          Are we taking about an extremely hott mvc player of the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            LaSalle fans seem to think this is the first time there has been 3 non bcs teams in the sweet 16.
            Lol I noticed that. I can think of AT LEAST one year.....cough 2006 cough.....where there were at least 3. ;)

And that is just off the top of my head
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              LaSalle fans seem to think this is the first time there has been 3 non bcs teams in the sweet 16.
              Sheesh even two years ago? VCU, Butler, San Diego State?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Is LaSalle's 6'11" center Steve Zach out for the game Thursday? I know he didn't play the first weekend but do not know the nature or status of his injury.
                Somebody on their board said he did cardio today and when asked if he could play he said it was "confidential information". Sounds like a "Carl Hall vs Illinois St" situation. If that report is true I bet he plays. Honestly I kind of hope he does. I like us better against bigger guys.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Nervous but confident

Shox 74
                  LaSalle 60

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Are we taking about an extremely hott mvc player of the year?

Yes, EXTREMELY.

Comment

• don't overlook lasalle, folks. don't do it.

Comment

• I don't know of a soul that's overlooking LaSalle. They've won 3 tournament games. Last I checked, that's better than anyone and their big guy hasn't played in any of those games. They know how to win, and they've beaten very good teams. They're in the Sweet 16 because they deserve to be.

They'll be all in and ready to battle the Shocks for 40 minutes.

Comment

• Whose overlooking LaSalle? We will have to play one of our best games of the year to win. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Sheesh even two years ago? VCU, Butler, San Diego State?
                            I think it'd be tougher to find years that didn't. Last year with Xavier and Ohio is one of the few I can think of. Last few years there were five, even ... 2011: San Diego State, VCU, Buttler, Richmond, and BYU. 2010: UNI, Butler, Xavier, Cornell, and Saint Mary's. Then Memphis, Xavier, and Gonzaga in 2009. Davidson, Memphis, WKU, and Xavier in 2008. Butler, UNLV, SIU, Memphis in 2007. Wichita State, George Mason, Memphis, Gonzaga, and Bradley in 2006.

Memphis had a 1 or 2 seed in many of those years, but they weren't a BCS school.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              don't overlook lasalle, folks. don't do it.
                              I think many of us understand this could be just as difficult of a game as the one we just played. LaSalle is no pushover, they will bring their A game and we will need to bring ours to win it.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                don't overlook lasalle, folks. don't do it.
                                Huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X