Wichita State vs. LaSalle- Sweet Sixteen Showdown Discussion and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Here's a thought. Maybe we aren't the talk of the town because our name has been in and out of rankings and discussions for a couple years now. It was a big upset but not nearly as big as FGCU.

Not diminishing our work at all. No reason to be coveting more attention. No big deal... we came out like a big time team and beat another big time team. It all really just means we are closer to where we want to be than ever before. WSU knocking off a 1 seed is only a little but surprising rather than completely impossible. The nation knows Marshall and the Wheatshockers.
    Maybe flying under the radar when possible will be the guidepost we need. However, just think of this. We win this one, we are with the Elite 8 still standing in the whole Country with a team that is used to winning games on the road, we are finally healthy again, and are not intimidated by any team in our path. Even so, all 16 teams left are very very good and it comes down to match-ups and who is executing to the max. This will be a Season to remember and I like our chances to win this next game.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• interesting

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Our boys look and play as if they are on a mission to save all mankind, while most teams are smiling and havin a good ol time. I absolutely love our boys intensity and passion to win the whole dang thing. WSU 78, LaSalle, 70 GO SHOCKS, PLAY ANGRY!!!!

Comment

• In 2006, I think the general feeling was that George Mason, in one of the most important games of their year, studied us really hard and only beat us by three, even though the game wasn't as important to us and we were focused on winning our first MVC title in a long time. Since they had only beat us by three in the Bracket Busters, we thought we would be able to beat them pretty easily in the Sweet Sixteen, especially since this time the game was just as important to us. Yeah, that didn't go very well. The team came out pretty tight and the superior team, in my opinion at least, won.

This Wichita State team and this coach are completely different and are on a completely different level in terms of toughness. They won't be overlooking anybody. La Salle is a very, very good team on a hot streak and it's not gonna be easy and we understand this.

Comment

• Shocks 74-65. They will be in awe when they actually see how fast and quick we are in person. They will be suprised by how big and strong we are. Lets face it, these guys will be just like Detroit in alot of ways. They say we are slow and methodical but that is just us just being under control, then when we get the fast break, thats when they say....I think we under estimated these guys.... When our D puts the clamps on them, then they will get frustrated as they see their season coming to an end.

Comment

• 328 likes, 1 comments - goshockers on September 3, 2015: "Next Stop: L.A. #WATCHUS http://is.gd/2013MBBAnthem"

These are indeed great times.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                LaSalle leaves for LA later today, flying straight from Kansas City without first returning home to Philadelphia.
                But how are they gonna' do their laundry?

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  You-all ready for this? I fell asleep until 4 in the mornin and woke up to a blaring loud TV, wondering what the hay was goin on around here. Welcome to the world of an ole coot. Can you dig that and buh-bye Blue-birds. We are the last Valley team still standing and we are NOT done winning.
                  I hope you're not suggesting that is odd or out-of-the-ordinary? Sounds pretty routine to me. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• I worry about small guard lineups. Evansville anyone?

Although La Salle isn't as naggy and hand checky on defense as Evansville is, the Explorers counter with a much bigger offensive punch.

I hope we've learned enough with our Evansville debacles that size advantage needs to be utilized in better ways.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; March 26, 2013, 10:41 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I hope you're not suggesting that is odd or out-of-the-ordinary? Sounds pretty routine to me. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      Yeah, isn't this how everyone's nights go?

Comment

• Shox - 73
                        La Salle - 59
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Is LaSalle's 6'11" center Steve Zach out for the game Thursday? I know he didn't play the first weekend but do not know the nature or status of his injury.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            Is LaSalle's 6'11" center Steve Zach out for the game Thursday? I know he didn't play the first weekend but do not know the nature or status of his injury.
                            I've lurked on their board some lately and last thing I saw is that he had a severe foot sprain and is done for the rest of the tournament. That sucks for the kid.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                              Shocks 74-65. They will be in awe when they actually see how fast and quick we are in person. They will be suprised by how big and strong we are. Lets face it, these guys will be just like Detroit in alot of ways. They say we are slow and methodical but that is just us just being under control, then when we get the fast break, thats when they say....I think we under estimated these guys.... When our D puts the clamps on them, then they will get frustrated as they see their season coming to an end.
                              They did well enough to win against KSU who I believe are very similar to us in size and athleticism on defense. I think KSU took them lightly during the first half and figured out at halftime that these guys were good and meant business. But by the time they figured this out it was too much to overcome. GM needs to review that tape and make certain we don't pull what KSU did.

Comment

• USA Today's Cinderella watch

Comment

Working...
                                X