Shox vs. Zags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
    Time for Carl and EO to administer some bruising education to Mr. Olynyk. (Poor guy, look at his last name. He has a vowel obstruction.)
    Pretty weak question at the post game press conference. It's not as if the players were preparing for a potential opponent two games hence.

He could have said he'd know more about them after looking at a scouting report ... But I am sure he wasn't expecting the question. That's why Few jumped in and mentioned that KO was preparing for Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      Rush the Court ‏@rushthecourt 24s
      RT @RTCWestRegion: Kelly Olynyk on Wichita State: "Quite frankly, I couldn't even tell you the names of their bigs."

Time to play angry again, boys.
      Pretty lame. What is lamer is that tray Woodall was quoted as saying he didn't know tekeles first or last name and he only knew him by number. Maybe if he had scouted his man a little more, he might not have been so surprised he was getting dominated.

Perhaps olynyk is about to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RefChick View Post
        So, how do the Shox stack up against the Zags?
        I need to hear from the lesser half :) @RefChick: !

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
          When is the damn game!!!
          The women's game is at 3 so I have absolutely no doubt that it will be on at about the same time so that I can't watch both.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
            Rush the Court ‏@rushthecourt 24s
            RT @RTCWestRegion: Kelly Olynyk on Wichita State: "Quite frankly, I couldn't even tell you the names of their bigs."

Time to play angry again, boys.
            what the..? again

Comment

Carl, Mal, Cle, and Cotton will be fine. But if we are going to win, we are going to need to hit a higher percentage of our shots than we did against Pitt.

No doubt in my mind that the Shockers are going win. And beating the number 1 rated team in the NCAA tournament will add another great, fantastic Shocker win for all of us to savor and recall for the rest of our lives.

Comment

Lots of nice words here. Our Valley brethern could learn about class from the Zags.

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
                  Anybody have a game time?
                  Kennedy said that game times would not be set until after all of today's games are finished, then TV would set the schedule. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Lots of nice words here. Our Valley brethern could learn about class from the Zags.

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....882#post896882
                    I have to agree with them on one specific thing: Gonzaga was consistently screwed by the officials today. Hopefully they let them play Saturday, because that favors us. If they call it tight, Gonzaga could be a scoring machine.

Comment

Having watched both games in person, we can absolutely take these guys out. No question about it.

Comment

This a.m., it was amazing just how many folk were doubting our Shocks in my little world. The average fan that sort of follows us just did not understand the scope of just how much this team had to do to defy the odds of even making this Dance. 2 of those doubters I spoke with again tonight and they are singing a more positive tune about us now. Beating Pitt at all would have been great. However, beating them by 18 while the Zags were hanging on just to win tonight has turned some heads and earned some respect in the basketball world today. The Pub. we would receive by defeating the Zags would be huge. Yes, we have to play smart, hit shots, and execute to do so. Could our beloved Shockers just began the crest of our peaks this Season, sort of like the Season we won the NIT? Right stuffings at the right time? One thing about it. Our Shocks are confident, not one bit intimidated, and determined to make this a Season to always remember.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Super stoked for this game. Personally, i feel like the worst case scenario that could have happened did which is gonzaga getting a scare in the first game. No doubt they will be locked in on Saturday.

Comment

Coach Marshall has done his best job Coaching our Shocks this very Season IMO. If we find a way to beat the #1 seeded Zags, the experts will amp up the volume on that premise to a mild roar. 4th in the Valley this Season? Please!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if we keep hedging hard out top. We've done that all year, but with the passing ability of Stockton and Pangos and the fluidity of Harris and Olynyk rolling to the basket, Gonzaga is a team that could exploit the opens far better than most we have faced this year. We have had a lot of success with that high hedge, so I doubt we give up on it from the get go, but how well we do in preventing easy pick and roll baskets off of it should be a key in this game.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                Super stoked for this game. Personally, i feel like the worst case scenario that could have happened did which is gonzaga getting a scare in the first game. No doubt they will be locked in on Saturday.
                                This is a test. My enter key no longer works on this site. So I cannot move down two lines in order to start a new paragraph. <drat> What a mess. I have my lucky socks all washed and ready.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X