Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton to announce departure at 10 a.m. press conference tommorow

Per Fox Sports

You think they would at least wait until the tourney is over... why add to the drama, just go play basketball and worry about it after the season. At least thats how I'd do it.

Comment

I'm truly torn here. Do I root for CU to earn the MVC more $$$ for the have-nots or for Cinci to beat them by 20?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I'm truly torn here. Do I root for CU to earn the MVC more $$$ for the have-nots or for Cinci to beat them by 20?
        You can be happy with either, right?
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

A theme that hopefully strikes a chord with our administration as well. Shatel is a very good columnist, one of my favorites. I grew up reading his coverage about athletics in the state of Nebraska. He's not a NU or CU guy, but actually a Mizzou guy. Worth a read.

Comment

What I'm curious to see is how fast the Valley will react once it's official.

It's my opinion, since this has been known for sometime now, that it needs to be quick.

My belief is that they will take their sweet time.

Comment

What will the beer vendors in St. Louis do?

Comment

I'll root for Cinci. Knowing our wonderful conference, they'll find a way to let CU keep the $$$ they earn.

Comment

What's going to happen with the A-10?
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
                    What will the beer vendors in St. Louis do?
                    Cry, ceaselessly.

And expect group rates at the Westin etc to triple in price to make up for the difference to the St. Louis economy.

Comment

Shouldn't hotel prices go down in St Louis? Not as much demand.

And regarding CU losing or winning - for WSU fans, either way is just fine, we can't lose.

Though probably, I would rather they lose. And maybe even lose badly.

Comment

The latter, not the former.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

If they lose to Cincinnati by 20, then that says we aren't as far along as we'd hoped since we were only 1-2 against Creighton. Or a 20 point blowout could just mean that Cincinnati had a super game or Creighton had a bad game. It's all relative.

Comment

Time for the valley to reach out to A-10 schools that were left out such as SLU and VCU. Then put out feelers to Belmont.

Likely to happen? Probably not, but it should be a conversation worth having.

Could be a perrennial 3-4 bid league.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by kuhawx1 View Post
                              Time for the valley to reach out to A-10 schools that were left out such as SLU and VCU. Then put out feelers to Belmont.

Likely to happen? Probably not, but it should be a conversation worth having.

Could be a perrennial 3-4 bid league.
                              SLU and Dayton will most likely be joining the BE in a year or two, so that's not going to happen. VCU wouldn't think about it unless we could bridge the gap well enough. But there's been some talk among internet fans that the A12 may add VCU and someone else as basketball only. Not sure if the A12 really will consider nonfootball members or not.

I think any fantasy of adding an A10 school is simply that, fantasy. Most like the east coast exposure and the ones we could potentially get are expected to join the BE anyway.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X