Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do the announce time and channel?

Comment

Steven Adams of Pitt is the X-Factor in this game. Control him, and we've got a good shot. IF we let him dominate inside, whether that be with boards, points, defense, or clogging up the lane it's gonna be a lot tougher game for us then it already is.

Even at 7 feet I think he is athletically gifted to guard Carl, even thoguh Carl is quicker. His length could be a real problem for us. Woddall is going to do his thing.

Tough Game, Pitt is playing really well, so are we.

Gotta go with the Shocks. 53-51
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
        I believe it is late, late tonight. At least that is when Turner did it last year.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
          I'm constantly refreshing this page, although I'm not sure if it'll be updated or not: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules

Comment

ESPN's fancy pants computers have us at a 33% chance of winning and Kenpom has Pitt as #7 in the country. That's right, we were bumped up a seed to face #7 in Kenpom :/

Regardless, I think HCGM pulls a bit of the kool-aid left over from the NIT run, we get both Cle and Baker playing well, and pull it out. 61-54

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
              I'm constantly refreshing this page, although I'm not sure if it'll be updated or not: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules
              They're updating it right now, line by line.

Edit: Or maybe they're only doing the play in games, who knows

Comment

According to one betting site we are 5 point underdogs.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Already at least 4 threads on the Pitt board about them playing and or beating Gonzaga.

Ahem....it's our time folks.
                  Meh. The moment I saw the bracket I was already looking past them to Gonzaga, too.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Oh and would it be weird to ask the basketball team to exact some revenge for the baseball team who got whooped by PITT earlier this year?
                    How about the last time the two played in KC at the CBE Classic WITHOUT Clevin Hannah??
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I personally like all of the talking heads picking Pitt. Shall I bump up the Embrace the Hate thread?

We were being lathered up by a lot of them last year, with picks of us going to the Final Four or Sweet 16. How did we do?

Just because everyone is picking Pitt, doesn't mean it's going to happen. I personally love this position. Let's prove em wrong boys!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by DistrictBaller View Post
                        Congrats on the at-large and good luck against Pittsburgh! Will be rooting for the Shockers.

We at VCU got the 5-12 mid-major curse you guys got last year with a pretty strong Akron team. Hopefully the black and gold teams have a good weekend!

LET'S GO SHOCKERS!
                        Thanks!

Good luck against the Zips! I would love to see you guys take a crack at KU again!
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't like stirring the pot much....

But if I see one more person complain about my "Pittsburg" reference while mentioning "Witchita" i'm going to go @martymoose: on the Rivals board.

Just Saying.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I personally like all of the talking heads picking Pitt. Shall I bump up the Embrace the Hate thread?

We were being lathered up by a lot of them last year, with picks of us going to the Final Four or Sweet 16. How did we do?

Just because everyone is picking Pitt, doesn't mean it's going to happen. I personally love this position. Let's prove em wrong boys!
                            Hell yes you should.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Haertl and Parsons basically giving the game to Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Haertl and Parsons basically giving the game to Pitt.
                                No surprise
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X