WSU VERSUS PITTSBURG PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
    I like 2 things. We are out of the Valley and their familiarity, and we are in the NCAA tourney and have a whole new start.

Shocks 63
    Pitt 57
    Except that Bradley bumped them out of the tourney in the first round in 2006 and we played them tough in KC without Clevin two years ago in Kansas City... and we have a very respectable record against the Big East over the last 10 years... with wins over Providence, Seton Hall, Syracuse and DePaul, and very close losses to Georgetown and UConn a couple of years ago...

as far as I can recall, none of those games were in Wichita unless we played Providence there...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We beat Providence there and at Koch.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Tray Woodall is a beast. He's a Senior who shoots 48 percent from the field. Pitt is similar to the Shox, they play great defense but struggle offensively a lot of times. This game will probably end up in the 50's or 60's with the winner making foul shots at the end. I will say since Tray is a guard, we have a better chance to match up with him defensively rather than say a Doug McD type of player. But if he goes off dribble driving and dishing us to death, (which we've seen other guards do to us all too often), it will get nasty.

Mr. Cotton is going to have to stick to him like glue as I believe he is the catalysts of that PITT team. They live and die by him. I will reserve my prediction later, but as you would expect with an 8/9 game, it's going to be a toss up.
        Not knowing anything about Pitt I like our chances against any team that lives and dies by someone we can put Cotton on. Not saying Woodall won't get his but TC will make him sweat hard for them.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
          Watching espn it appears that Pitt just has a bye to the second round and will give Gonzaga a tough game.
          +1. They're breaking down Gonzaga vs. Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Seth Greenburg says first to 55 wins.... he picks Pitt... Thank you Seth... that's how we like it...
            Didn't he coach his last game against us?

Comment

Already at least 4 threads on the Pitt board about them playing and or beating Gonzaga.

Ahem....it's our time folks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Didn't he coach his last game against us?
                ding ding ding... I thought I heard a little bell ringing... you are right....

We were the only team in the NIT Final Four to win a game on the road on our way to the title. Thank you Seth..

Comment

Already at least 4 threads on the Pitt board about them playing and or beating Gonzaga.

Ahem....it's our time folks.
                  Exactly where we want to be... out of the discussion until it is too late..

Comment

68-61 SHOX, we own the Big East, we have a team that can bang with them, and maybe just maybe if we come out, hot I see us rolling. We have several guys who can hit the 3s, and I just feel we are due for one of those nights. Guard play will be so important, take care of the ball, we know we will pound the boards, no 5-6 minute droughts and I feel we will make belivers of the ESPN talking heads....And lets keep the turnovers under 12 and stay out of foul trouble "Early" please...

Comment

I love it how we talk about their board giving us no respect...then each post on here predicts a shox win.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                        I love it how we talk about their board giving us no respect...then each post on here predicts a shox win.
                        I think the difference is that most of them are already talking about Gonzaga.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Damn....I didn't even get to rush the court.

Comment

Anyone besides the 2 coaches and Demetric left over from the last time these 2 teams met in Kansas City?

Comment

http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1484669

Damn....I didn't even get to rush the court.
                              Perhaps he's trying to make their upcoming loss a little less heartbreaking for them
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

When will they announce the time of the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X