No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS PITTSBURG PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWill finally comes out like a senior and EO gets a stat line of lucky 7s. ARMSTUD solid and clutch as usual lately. Hall goes to work inside.

WSU Seniors playing like seniors: 75
    Panthers: 67

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      At my job, it can't be done.

I may be able to switch lunches with my supervisor and take a later lunch to watch the 2nd half. That's my best option. She'll probably deny the request though.
      Tune In app with a micro blue tooth ear bud with live pause and a backup battery
      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanksfan View Post
        I'm in Vegas, where the game will be aired at 10:40 AM. This really sucks, perhaps the jet stream will change directions and bring that flu bug my way!
        7:40 AM here in Hawaii. Can't wait.

Shockernet while at work and DVR it is.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Just as I feared, we'd be matched up with a team who plays physical defense and slow it down half court offense. This gives us fits in the Valley and it will give us fits in Thursday's game. Pitt's Woodall will probably duplicate his performance like the last time he faced us. He's good and he'll get his. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched but Pitt has that one player who can be a gamebreaker while we don't. That will be the difference. We'll probably focus on him so much, we'll end up leaving other Pitt guys open, similar to what occurred with our last CU game.

It will be asking a lot from this team to shoot over 40 percent from the field, shoot 75 percent plus from the FT line, stay out of foul trouble, shut Woodall down, make 35 percent plus from three and hold Pitt to less than 40 percent. The season has been a success, but our journey ends Thursday 55 to 67.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Just as I feared, we'd be matched up with a team who plays physical defense and slow it down half court offense. This gives us fits in the Valley and it will give us fits in Thursday's game. Pitt's Woodall will probably duplicate his performance like the last time he faced us. He's good and he'll get his. I think both teams are pretty evenly matched but Pitt has that one player who can be a gamebreaker while we don't. That will be the difference. We'll probably focus on him so much, we'll end up leaving other Pitt guys open, similar to what occurred with our last CU game.

It will be asking a lot from this team to shoot over 40 percent from the field, shoot 75 percent plus from the FT line, stay out of foul trouble, shut Woodall down, make 35 percent plus from three and hold Pitt to less than 40 percent. The season has been a success, but our journey ends Thursday 55 to 67.

Hey at least you have a 50/50 chance of being right/wrong..

Comment

If we can stay out of foul trouble I like our chances. But I am worried about the physical style of play Pitt will bring and our tendency to get whistled early. And speaking of Early, he needs to be on the floor. Hopefully all the crews for the tournament will let the fellas play. Either way, it will be a battle. Likely low scoring. And if we don't hit at least 40% we are toast. I think we will. Baker having another almost 2 weeks to get in shape could be big.

Shox: 66
              Pitts: 65

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

Teams just don't win in the NCAA unless they are hitting shots. If we do, we'll win.

Comment

I just hope that the Shox come out swinging and not let the situation get to them.

The way to lessen the effect of shooting is to take more shots inside the arc. Hall is gonna be huge if we want to win.

And we need Early.

If we start throwing up bricks, we can hopefully stay close with defense, but I dont like our chances if we are not able to get it inside and settle for threes.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Anyone besides the 2 coaches and Demetric left over from the last time these 2 teams met in Kansas City?
                    No but I am betting the EO thread was up to 30+ pages by that game.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Haertl and Parsons basically giving the game to Pitt.
                      Who is Parsons?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Who is Parsons?
                        Alan Parsons.

Some great music. Serius? Yeah that's sports related song for. Actual sports? Eh, not so much.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• There are a few areas the Shocks can hang our black and yellow hats on. We are indeed a team of road warriors and have been for at least 3 Seasons. We are solid on the road because we rebound, play defense, and have quality depth. Now, let's just hope we also get hot and hit our fair share of shots, starting inside and then out and this includes making our throws. We finally are healthy again and have all our players except MR. Wessel.

In this game, the battle of the boards will be huge. Both teams play tough defense. Which team will play the best defense, but yet foul the least? Next, we need Early to be in the flow without fouling too much. Can we impose our will inside? How good will our guard play be? Look for the game to be close from start to finish. We will be better than advertised because we played through injuries much of the Season. Now we can more fully utilize our quality depth and not 'skip a beat' when we sub in and out. We Are Wichita State and we will give this game our all.

This is a dream come true for our players. Making the Dance is epic and winning games would be icing on the cake.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 18, 2013, 08:33 AM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Thanks!

Good luck against the Zips! I would love to see you guys take a crack at KU again!
                            So would we. Our press would give them all sorts of problems. They're not as good against pressure as Wichita State was this year! ;)

Comment

• Pitt players were stunned to find out they were playing the Shox in the 8-9 matchup.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• HCGM scheduled to be on Sports Daily with Bruce and Bob this morning at or around 10:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X