WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Not good things if you believe the old cliche that it's tough to beat a team three times in a year.
    Manischewitz!!!!Let fsf say this about that. Great minds think alike. However, this fresh divulgement has flooded my pea-brain and is jolting like the gallon of paint mixing at the hardware store.

Think about the 50th wonder of the world that occured last night. Last night, #50 Mr. White, after being flattened like a pancake at midnight shift at "Pancakes r US" all Season long while waiting, waiting, waiting perfectly still like a manikin at the end of a 30 day sale at the Dept.Store , finally was the recepient of taking a charge? Say it isn't so Joe? Really? It's a modern day miracle? Dunno but we witnessed it, last night. What?

Could that be "lady luck" knockin at our beloved Shocks door? The basketball gods might even jump in and swing some breaks our way? Quick, buy a lottery ticket? Wow!!! It took all Season long for 1 stinkin call out of how many? Must be a sign of rich destiny coming our way starting tonight? Dunno, stay tuned.

Thus, here is what could happen. Maybe we are on the verge of a winning steak, similar to our NIT run but on a higher scale? Now we are only missing 1 starter from way back when. We have wholesale depth again and last night was a teaser of bigger and better success? Hope so because against the best teams, we have to step that up several notches from last night and 'let it roll' as Leela James sings in her very smooth jam.

Imagine Baker now with fresh legs, Hall, Cle, EO, and Chadrack patrolling the inside solid without much fouling, and Cotton, D-Will, and MA covering folk like a cheap suit, Baker, FreshVV, and just in the NICK of time Wiggy coming off the bench like 3- John J. Hondo Havliceks' lighting up the scoreboard like a Christmas Tree on Dec. 25th. My point is this. when we hit on all cylinders, we are scary good. Last night can get much better and will have to from this moment on.

So Shocks, starting tonight, let it roll, build on it, let it roll and feed the beast,and let it roll some mo and win the Lew, then intensify this process all to the March Dance!!! Make this script which is already cool, and ending that makes this a Season to always remember
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 9, 2013, 02:43 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I thought they were suppose to play at 4 today, but I can't find it anywhere on the TV.
      What time is the game, and on what channel???

Comment

4 pm, Fox Sports 34

Comment

Shox win by 12-15.
          After the muggings that took place last year at Arch Madness as well as the assault that took place in Normal this year, it is the Shox that have revenge on their minds in contrast to the Redbirds. The Redbirds have little scouting information on Ron Baker, and the Shox want another shot at the Championship game.
          Minutes played last night are somewhat concerning regarding Hall (31 minutes) and Armstead (31 minutes), yet no other WSU player hit the 22 minute mark.
          In contrast, IlSU has six players that played at least 26 minutes with Jackie Chan playing 28 minutes and Brown (33m), Allen (33m), Hill (32m), Wilkins (26m), and Ekey (26m). IlSU has a tighter turnaround as well.
          Emotionally, IlSU could hit a wall against WSU and wonder who the heck is that Baker kid? Additionally, I'd like to see Orukpe stick and wear out Jackie Chan down low in the first 5 minutes before Hall finishes him off the rest of the game.

Comment

Vegas has WSU -2.5

ISUr fans in St. Louis are more testy and stand-offish than other groups this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
              I hope I'm wrong, and I hate to disagree with everyone, but I think the Shocks lose this game. It's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season, but I hope Baker can be the difference again.
              Clicheing is cliche bro

Comment

Originally posted by garylee View Post
                When TC, MA and DW are all playing their intense defense together at the same time
                odds are very much in our favor. TC is always there on D so MA and DW need to
                focus on it and not worry about the offense so much. We are at our best when we
                compliment our offense with points off our D. Be absolutely relentless on defense
                and wear them down with our depth. Doesn't matter who has a great game on O. Take
                care of the rock, see the court, and ATTACK. Get them down EARLY and never let
                up. 74 - 57.
                I agree with your assessment, but don't share your confidence. Hope you are right and I am wrong. I will go with Shox 71 Redbirds 69. Tyler Brown and Jackie Chan are on a mission, and unless our Shox play the way we know they need to play, you can flip the score on my prediction.

And even if we prevail, Creighton is clicking on all cylinders and do not look like a team that can be stopped right now against the Sycamores, who look an awful lot like we did against the Bears last night....
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Cle is battling illness. Will try to play.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Cle is battling illness. Will try to play.
                    At pep rally Marshall basically said he has food poising and they have given him an IV

Comment

Marshall said they are tired of hearing how what happened at ISUR was wsu fault and the theme for today is "watch out for what you wish for"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        At pep rally Marshall basically said he has food poising and they have given him an IV
                        JFC /thebruce SHADES OF COOZ lol

A good omen though... My daughter has been sick ALL week. No drinking eating etc. Started feeling good on Thursday. I decided to go ahead and let her compete at her cheer comp today in KC. (team got 3rd) but she was absolutely BRILLIANT.

With that said Cle comes off the bench and scores 25

Comment

FML

MVCfans ‏@MVCFans:
                          Illinois St vs Wichita St coming up. You know it's a big game when this guy is in the house. pic.twitter.com/SEUqO42MFd

Comment

NOOOOOO

Comment

Not only do we get Higgins, we get Mr. Jansen. Joy.

Comment

Pregame anywhere? Stream #1 has baseball. Stream #2 has Women's BBall. KNSS direct stream has Men's.

Comment

Working...
                                X