No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

When TC, MA and DW are all playing their intense defense together at the same time
      odds are very much in our favor. TC is always there on D so MA and DW need to
      focus on it and not worry about the offense so much. We are at our best when we
      compliment our offense with points off our D. Be absolutely relentless on defense
      and wear them down with our depth. Doesn't matter who has a great game on O. Take
      care of the rock, see the court, and ATTACK. Get them down EARLY and never let
      up. 74 - 57.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. O for the past 25 years certainly leads one to believe that letdown number 26 will occur.
        Heres a horoscope for you KC..... Pisces - you're gonna die, Sagitarrius - you're gonna die, Cancer - you're gonna die, etc etc.

Comment

Why wouldnt we want them just as much? They beat us in this spot last year, they choked against us last game, and they defended a player who karate kicked our guy.....

Yeah, if we dont come to play, and play well...

But, Im sure that we will come out brickin' it up again and spot them a healthy 6-10 point lead to make it interesting. Semi final day at the Lou. Beat them twice already this year. Lots of factors working against us.

But we have Baker back, and if he didnt play for WSU, he would be the story of the tournament, coming back and leading his team to a championship. But he plays for WSU and those kind of fairy tales dont happen, right?

I have no idea whats going to happen. Maybe Ill be surprised and the Shox will play like they want to win. I do think we matchup better with Ill St and there is potential to get transition baskets and stretch our legs more than UNI's pack it in muddy it up game. We need to pressure them big time, and collapse our guards to swipe at their bigs and try to get steals inside.

We make them run, and they may get tired. And maybe tgey will start fouling. Need to make free throws.

Cmon Shox!
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            We win!!!! Yep WE WIN!!! If..................

#1 We are offensively AGGRESSIVE!!!!!
            #2 Refs don't be stoo-pid
            #3 We DEFEND!!!

We rebound like madmen, hit our shots
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Attack Jackie Chan...no depth in the post.

Comment

I've got one request for this game that I know won't be granted. Can we PLEASE get the same refs that were here for the Detroit game? PLEASE! Let these boys play, it will be physical but let them play! And PLEASE let Higgins ref the Creighton game and not ours. That is all.

Comment

Jackie cha-an!! Jackie cha-an!! Jackie cha-an!!

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com - Illinois State

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com - Illinois State - CONFONLY

The stats based only on MVC games

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Watching that UNI vs ISU game last night, the first thing I thought was "Wow, these guys look gassed." And that was with 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. It was a foulfest and I think a lot of it was due to all the players being winded and not being able to keep a good defensive position. They have approximately 13-14 hours of rest before warmups.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Keep our fouls to a minimum.
                          Get Hoagy Carmichael some early fouls.
                          See if they fall in love with the 3 ball and go cold.
                          They want revenge...... yeah for what? The fact that they can't hold a lead and wee wee themselves.

Bring it Shox!!!!!

Comment

Rebound like crazy.
                            Move the ball effectively.
                            D up hellaciously.
                            Don't force stupid ass shots from deep (DW/MA)
                            Attack the damn basket.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            More Baker and FVV.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            Feed the post.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Rebound like crazy.
                              Move the ball effectively.
                              D up hellaciously.
                              Don't force stupid ass shots from deep (DW/MA)
                              Attack the damn basket.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              More Baker and FVV.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              Feed the post.
                              I disagree. We should feed the post instead.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

We need Cle' to do some slashing inside and get Jackie Chan in foul trouble.
                                We need a quick start. These guys are going to be up for us and we need to be just as up for them.
                                We need to keep moving on offense. I'm betting they will play a zone against us. We will need 'Shake and Bake's' outside shooting to be on again today.

If we can do that, we will win, we have more depth and athleticism than they do. I'm figuring we win by less than 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X