#15 Wichita State vs. Indiana State GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    We had to scrap plans to attend last minute due to illness. Seems like that's going around all over the place lately.
    That's understandable. I was referring more to the lack of single game ticket sales as row 34 was empty for the most part. To the best of my knowledge there weren't really any promotions for this game like there have been in the past for weeknight games.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      I would think in an overload you really need to make quick passes on the reverse flow, skip passing when it comes open. Our passes seemed very slow in happening last night, I thought.
      In the first half, it looked like the Shockers were walking in molasses.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        This has also bothered me lately as well. Again, it gets even further magnified with losses. 90% of the 3 pointers MA takes can literally be taken at any point of time, every time down the floor. He acts like it's 5th grade HORSE. Just chuck and duck. He needs to find a dictionary and see what the main purpose of a point guard is. Shooting is not high on the list of what they do, especially when you're not that good at it.

For how great a defender and ball stealer MA gets credit for, he's worse as a guard that takes bad shots and turns the ball over, thus neutralizing something he does best at.
        Fixed.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I am glad that my drive home is not as long as iam4wsu's is.

Any reference to Butch Cassody works for me.

We try to get there at 6:20-6:30 to watch the shoot around. At one point Wiggins made 9 straight 3's, missed one, then hit 7 in a row. We never got him a single look.
          I get to the arena about the same time. I like the shoot around and I really enjoy Wiggins. I remember his streak, but I was not counting shots. I just knew he was shooting lights out. He does that at most every shoot around.

Many are not as enthusiastic as I am about Nick, but I am here to tell you that he is a scoring machine. Get him the ball in a little bit of space.

An aside: I just hate it, when Malcomb is throwing up contested 3 balls, early in the clock and out of rythm. Some of his corner 3 balls last night stood zero chance of going in.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• When are we gong to learn to defend against the dribble drive. Too often an opponent will get past the first guy and then have a clear path to the baskiet. We stood around and just passed back and forth around the arc last night. Half the time, Van Vleet acts like he doesn't know what to do. Armstead's shooting was terrible last night, usually we can count on him scoring more. This better be a wake-up for the team, that they can NOT take any team for granted. They played the first half uninspired.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I dunno that he should play more, but when he is in the game I think we should run stuff for him.
              Bingo! We have a winner.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                We had to scrap plans to attend last minute due to illness. Seems like that's going around all over the place lately.
                Almost 20 hours after the carnage and finally we get to the real reason why our beloved Shockers were taken down. You sicken me...much like a cow patty in the hot Texas sun.

Comment

• insu was so well prepared + motivated, with nothing to lose. 'shockers may as well get used to it.

uni will probably bring that same formula this saturday. and at ilsu and at siu and at cu etc., will bring their best, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    insu was so well prepared + motivated, with nothing to lose. 'shockers may as well get used to it.

uni will probably bring that same formula this saturday. and at ilsu and at siu and at cu etc., will bring their best, too.
                    I hope it was a wake up call to our players and coaches. Be prepared + motivated and play like there is nothing to lose. Lets hope teams have to get used to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      Many are not as enthusiastic as I am about Nick, but I am here to tell you that he is a scoring machine. Get him the ball in a little bit of space.
                      I would say the Indiana State coaching staff, for one, shares your enthusiasm for Nick. It appeared the Sycamores were very aware of Nick and they were very focused on not letting him beat them from the outside.

Turns out that the was a great decision by Indiana State.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 30, 2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        Nice thoughts, TerreHaute....btw, is Cummings your first get from Coffeyville? I've played golf with the Red Ravens coach in a couple of events, and a very nice guy. Cummings looks like a nice pickup.
                        He may be our first? Can't think of anyone else in recent memory. Think he will have a good career as a Sycamore.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Almost 20 hours after the carnage and finally we get to the real reason why our beloved Shockers were taken down. You sicken me...much like a cow patty in the hot Texas sun.
                          I know. Like a bovine flu infested cow patty ...
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            I hope it was a wake up call to our players and coaches. Be prepared + motivated and play like there is nothing to lose. Lets hope teams have to get used to that.
                            we'll have to see how this wichita state team responds to the "sucker punches". last years team, of course, got "koed "in their final two games vs ilsu and vcu.

good thing the time to "punch back" is coming a bit earlier in the season this year. they'll have to wade through some punches before st louis.
                            Last edited by another shocker; January 30, 2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              I get to the arena about the same time. I like the shoot around and I really enjoy Wiggins. I remember his streak, but I was not counting shots. I just knew he was shooting lights out. He does that at most every shoot around.

An aside: I just hate it, when Malcomb is throwing up contested 3 balls, early in the clock and out of rythm. Some of his corner 3 balls last night stood zero chance of going in.
                              I really like Nick and I think that sometimes Armstead is very good and sometimes he becomes enamored with himself and shoots too much. I do think that Nick is a stand and jump shooter. If you make him put the ball on the floor, he isn't nearly as good. He's very much like Ogirri in that way and Ogirri could be completely taken out of his offense if you made him put the ball on the floor and drive. When Nick is moving off of a pick or has to put the ball on the floor, he isn't as good. He makes almost all of his shots by jump shooting long range or driving the ball all of the way to the basket and dunking. He has great games shooting the 3 ball and then he disappears the next if the defense puts pressure on him. He needs to expand his game.

Comment

• Not much to add to what already has been covered. The standing and dribbling thing against the zone puzzles me. Maybe we are trying hypnosis as a new offensive weapon, the thought crossed my mind. I thought it was telling when during a timeout, the GS 1000 point question came up. They said he crossed that threshold against ISUb with a 29 point game. I realized how sorely we could have used some of that inside presence and how do get a little of that back. Time to pull out game films from the last couple of years on how we were able to move the ball around quickly and finding an open look, dribble drive or entry pass down low. The ball movement back then was a thing of beauty when we had it going. Final thought, I felt bad for the Womens Volleyball team and the unfurling of the Sweet 16 banner. It just came at a bad time. We were fighting trying to get back into the game (early 2nd half), all amped up, frustrated, PO'd, and then we take time to honor their accomplishment, emotional extremes. I apologize for not giving you the full respect you ladies deserved ( I understand when they planned this presentation it was impossible to know what the mood would be like). Reaper, what is my penance?

Comment

Working...
                                X