No announcement yet.

#15 Wichita State vs. Indiana State GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course they outrebounded us. We couldn't throw it in the ocean. Anybody playing against us last night looked like a rebounding superstar.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• The only empirical evidence I have to base this statement on is what I read here. It sounds to me like the majority of things that cost us this game are things that can be fixed. 19-3? I'm ok with that. I think deep down we all knew that there'd be one of those games where we just lay a stinking sulfurous rotten egg on the court. Hopefully it's just this one. Go Shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
        The only empirical evidence I have to base this statement on is what I read here. It sounds to me like the majority of things that cost us this game are things that can be fixed. 19-3? I'm ok with that. I think deep down we all knew that there'd be one of those games where we just lay a stinking sulfurous rotten egg on the court. Hopefully it's just this one. Go Shox!
        This makes 2 games. Hate that it was at home. But Indy St is good, no doubt.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I saw somewhere we were out rebounded I believe 34-35, or close to it. Thought that was in Sully's article this morning.
          Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          The box that I saw this morning showed ISUb with 35 rebounds and us with 34 I thought. Maybe my memory is failing me. We usually win that war.
          Your memory did not fail. ESPN's boxscore did not include "team rebounds" of 6-1 to IN St. Those must be the lose ball scrums we lost after missed shots due to their quick timeouts and possession arrows (and hustle).

Nevertheless, rebounding wasn't the reason for the loss. Play execution and shots inside the arc (7-31, .226).

Comment

• Lots of respectful comments on this forum about our Sycamores and we appreciate it. A team has to earn respect and we are earning it this season in spite of hitting a few bumps in the road along the way. We seem to play to the caliber of our competition which lots of teams seem to do and we get bit once in awhile for that approach. Hope they finally get the message to bring the "A" game every time out and really make this season something special. Saturday at Drake will be their next opportunity.

I have seen on here and elsewhere that the Sycamores don't have any seniors on the team. That is correct but somewhat misleading as it is not a young team. Jake Odum, RJ Mahurin & Lucas Eitel redshirted their frosh year or would have been seniors this year. Others who have redshirted along the way either as frosh, academics or transfer are Devonte Brown, Jake Kitchell, Brandon Burnett, K. Smith and Manny Arop. Justin Gant is a "true" sophomore, Rhett Smith a "true" frosh & Dawon Cummings is a JC transfer. Two others are redshirting this season, 6'8-240 Fr TJ Bell & 6'11-285 Jr Mike Samuels (broken foot). Like the Shockers we hope to keep the upside going for a few seasons.

Your Shockers are a really good team (19 wins attest to that) and I fully expect the game in Terre Haute and one in St. Louis (if necessary) to be nothing less than all out battles. Good luck in all the rest except when playing our Sycamores.

Comment

• ShockTalk;366149]Your memory did not fail. ESPN's boxscore did not include "team rebounds" of 6-1 to IN St. Those must be the lose ball scrums we lost after missed shots due to their quick timeouts and possession arrows (and hustle).

Nevertheless, rebounding wasn't the reason for the loss. Play execution and shots inside the arc (7-31, .226).[/QUOTE]

Rebounds and break points usually equal easy points. Last night no easy points.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                After watching this team all year I'm not sure that A) we have any "stuff" in place to run
                Agreed.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  The one outliar from all of our games so far is that we got beat on the boards for one of the first times all season. We win the boards by five and we probably win a close game. Our defense was good enough, our offense isn't much different than we've done most games. The answer is simple. We got beat inside. Our guards didn't get the entry pass when we were open. They double teamed Hall when he did get the ball. Hall and Early weren't active on the offensive boards.
                  When you consider how many shots we missed, it's a wonder they didn't outrebound us more than they did.

Comment

• Nice thoughts, TerreHaute....btw, is Cummings your first get from Coffeyville? I've played golf with the Red Ravens coach in a couple of events, and a very nice guy. Cummings looks like a nice pickup.

Comment

• All we had to do is make 7 more baskets and that would have been enough to win. That would have brought our FG percentage up to around 39%, which is still bad.

Comment

• We took a lot of bad shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          We took a lot of bad shots.
                          Some of which, ill-advised drives that ending reminiscent of a whirling dervish, barely qualify as a shot. Ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                            I disagree. I was there and the crowd was in it in the 2nd half until there was about 2:30 left and it was pretty much a lost cause. The team sucked; crowd had nothing to do with that. And it's a little difficult to go nuts while bricks are being launched from every conceivable angle.
                            Considering our ranking and the opponent I thought there were too many empty seats. IIRC they didn't bother doing a "guess the attendance" game as it may have been a bit embarrassing. The crowd was lackluster at best in the first half. The second half was much better until people started filing out at the under 4 timeout. The game wasn't over at that point and it was a bit disheartening to see people leave that early.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                              Considering our ranking and the opponent I thought there were too many empty seats. IIRC they didn't bother doing a "guess the attendance" game as it may have been a bit embarrassing. The crowd was lackluster at best in the first half. The second half was much better until people started filing out at the under 4 timeout. The game wasn't over at that point and it was a bit disheartening to see people leave that early.
                              We had to scrap plans to attend last minute due to illness. Seems like that's going around all over the place lately.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• they did the "guess the attendence" game.

Comment

Working...
                                X