#15 Wichita State vs. Indiana State GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I really like Nick and I think that sometimes Armstead is very good and sometimes he becomes enamored with himself and shoots too much. I do think that Nick is a stand and jump shooter. If you make him put the ball on the floor, he isn't nearly as good. He's very much like Ogirri in that way and Ogirri could be completely taken out of his offense if you made him put the ball on the floor and drive. When Nick is moving off of a pick or has to put the ball on the floor, he isn't as good. He makes almost all of his shots by jump shooting long range or driving the ball all of the way to the basket and dunking. He has great games shooting the 3 ball and then he disappears the next if the defense puts pressure on him. He needs to expand his game.
    Exactly like Kyles.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I really like Nick and I think that sometimes Armstead is very good and sometimes he becomes enamored with himself and shoots too much. I do think that Nick is a stand and jump shooter. If you make him put the ball on the floor, he isn't nearly as good. He's very much like Ogirri in that way and Ogirri could be completely taken out of his offense if you made him put the ball on the floor and drive. When Nick is moving off of a pick or has to put the ball on the floor, he isn't as good. He makes almost all of his shots by jump shooting long range or driving the ball all of the way to the basket and dunking. He has great games shooting the 3 ball and then he disappears the next if the defense puts pressure on him. He needs to expand his game.
      I understand your point, but Ogirri had zero ability to dribble penetrate. I would not put Nick on the zero meter in that regard.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        We took a lot of bad shots.
        We also took a lot of good shots that just didn't go in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          I hope it was a wake up call to our players and coaches. Be prepared + motivated and play like there is nothing to lose. Lets hope teams have to get used to that.
          How many wake up calls do we need? This is the third one this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Wake up calls are more urgent when you lose to an inferior team in your back yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
              When are we gong to learn to defend against the dribble drive. Too often an opponent will get past the first guy and then have a clear path to the baskiet. We stood around and just passed back and forth around the arc last night. Half the time, Van Vleet acts like he doesn't know what to do. Armstead's shooting was terrible last night, usually we can count on him scoring more. This better be a wake-up for the team, that they can NOT take any team for granted. They played the first half uninspired.
              I agree with this. When's the last time we've taken a charge in the paint? Seems like it's been forever. Maybe it's because the refs never call charges for us, but it seems like we do a lot more watching opponents drive to the rim and try to swat stuff than standing in legal guarding position and trying to draw a charge. That dribble drive stuff has been a problem of a lot of Marshall-coached teams. You got to get in there and stop that crap. Switch to a zone for a while by all means. DO SOMETHING.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                insu was so well prepared + motivated, with nothing to lose. 'shockers may as well get used to it.

uni will probably bring that same formula this saturday. and at ilsu and at siu and at cu etc., will bring their best, too.
                We get everybody's best shots. No question it's easier to sneak up on people like Indiana State does and get em when they're not expected, when they're the heavy underdog. We are not in that position anymore and haven't been for a while (like several years). Champions/good teams WANT to be hunted. They should embrace the fact that teams always want to get up for them for how good a program they have and how many wins they rack up. The Shocks, in return, need to pick up that energy, steal it from their opponent, and shove it down their throats.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I would love to see us switch on most(if not all) screens. I don't care if Orukpe gets switched onto their point guard. I'd rather take my chances with that than watch their guards get continuous open looks from 8 feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I understand your point, but Ogirri had zero ability to dribble penetrate. I would not put Nick on the zero meter in that regard.
                    I agree that Nick can drive and as long as he can get to the rim without the defense making him change direction, he can slam it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Is it too much to ask to go undefeated? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                        That's understandable. I was referring more to the lack of single game ticket sales as row 34 was empty for the most part. To the best of my knowledge there weren't really any promotions for this game like there have been in the past for weeknight games.
                        Tuesday night is a high school basketball night, I would guess that would have an effect on the walk-up crowd.

Comment

• That moment you realize ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                            I would love to see us switch on most(if not all) screens. I don't care if Orukpe gets switched onto their point guard. I'd rather take my chances with that than watch their guards get continuous open looks from 8 feet.
                            This team should be able to pull that off since we have players like Cotton, Williams and Early that can guard multiple positions effectively. We were switching screens for a while in the second half but I think it was Williams and Early messed it up. Both went after the ball handler and left the screener wide open.

Comment

Working...
                            X