No announcement yet.

Marshall Has Spoken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kick him out? jeez, that's a bit harsh. We're not exactly talking about Hugs or petrino, or even sabin here.

Comment

How to Build a Snowflake

How to Build a Snowflake
      Jan. 18, 2008 -- Two mathematicians have for the first time created a computer simulation that generates realistic three-dimensional snowflakes -- although even they aren't sure how it works.

T

...8)

Comment

While he kept the door open, keep in mind that the door swings both ways and if you can believe the South Carolina press he may be at the bottom of SC's short list.

If they get down to him, I think he will go.

My hope is SC can reel in their primary target. Unfortunately, that probably is going to drag on for 2 or 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          This is how I feel about his statement..........

you have no clue not towards Pat's sex but towards Coach's statement?

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
            Originally posted by ripemupshocks
            This is not at all what I expected CGM to say. I thought he would close the door on the SC speculation. So let me be the first to say, I WAS WRONG. But I think the sun will still come up tomorrow. Of course, if it's still cloudy, we won't see it.
            ;-)
            He did close the door on the speculation..... at least for the rest of the season.
            How does one "close the door on speculation?" Unless, by "closing the door" you meant closing the door and keeping all the speculation in the room. In which case, he did "close the door."
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
              Maybe something else to ease your minds. I looked at a copy of Marshall's contract (I forgot that I had downloaded it from Kansas.com after he signed), and there is no out for South Carolina. There is just a $250K buyout.
              Peanuts for South Carolina.

Comment

Maybe something else to ease your minds. I looked at a copy of Marshall's contract (I forgot that I had downloaded it from Kansas.com after he signed), and there is no out for South Carolina. There is just a $250K buyout.

$250,000 just to talk to a guy to get the chance to pay him $1.5 million a season is actually quite a bit. Roy Williams didn't even have a buyout clause in his contract when he left KU for UNC.
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm sure SC could find that in their couches.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                    Originally posted by ripemupshocks
                    This is not at all what I expected CGM to say. I thought he would close the door on the SC speculation. So let me be the first to say, I WAS WRONG. But I think the sun will still come up tomorrow. Of course, if it's still cloudy, we won't see it.
                    ;-)
                    He did close the door on the speculation..... at least for the rest of the season.
                    How does one "close the door on speculation?" Unless, by "closing the door" you meant closing the door and keeping all the speculation in the room. In which case, he did "close the door."
                    At least he didn't say this:

"I can't say anything right now. I'll come out of my shell in the next 24 hours. I just need to get my thoughts straightened out." - Turg on the KU job opening in 2003.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I think we worry for no reason what so ever! :goshocks: 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

$250,000 just to talk to a guy to get the chance to pay him $1.5 million a season is actually quite a bit. Roy Williams didn't even have a buyout clause in his contract when he left KU for UNC.
                        Just talking a Japanese pitcher for $50 million is a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper

Just talking a Japanese pitcher for $50 million is a lot

Yes, but that is completely different. MLB clubs don't have to have boosters raise the money to talk to a Japanese pitcher. Does South Carolina even have enough boosters to raise $50?
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm sure the $250K is only payable once the Coach accepts a position at another school. I doubt that schools have to pony up the money just to talk to the Coach. HCGM's attorney's would never allow him to sign such a contract unless they wanted to be sued for malpractice.

Comment

The buyout isn't paid unless the coach asks out of his contract. Schaus can either allow or deny USC the right to talk to Marshall. There is no money involved to just talk.

And regarding the contract not having an out-clause for USC, I think the version that was publicized had not been finalized yet. But I could be wrong.

Comment

This is the exact statement that should be expected. There's no reason for Gregg Marshall to withdraw his name from consideration, and there's not reason to discuss the possibilities. The fact is that any coach can leave any coaching position at any time.

Unfortunately, this is the system that currently stands in college basketball.

However, I'm of the opinion that Marshall would have stayed at Winthrop for another year to see what's happening with the USC position. Certainly, he had to know that Odom's tenure wouldn't last much longer. He's got his work cut out for him at Wichita State, to prove he can handle the "upper echelon programs".

It is what it is. Call it unfortunate timing or whatever.

I have the ut-most faith in our administration at Wichita State to continue to put forth a great product for our community. We may have a few down years throughout time to rebuild, or deal with unforseen problems, but the overall product will remain at a high level, as long as our administration stays intact.

Comment

Working...
                                X