Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Originally posted by shockdawg
    Who the heck is "eck". i'm new to WSU sports, am I supposed to know who this is? Is he a running joke...the alf landon of WSU athletics. seriously i've no clue and maybe i'm missing out on a potential laugh.
    I'll take this one. shockdawg, check your PM later today for a Cliffs Notes version.

God Bless you, Royal.

Comment

• Eck

Eck for Alf Landon?

Comment

• Eck comes to Cowley from Redlands (Okla.) Community College where he led the Cougars to the 2001-02 NJCAA Division II national championship in his first year as head coach. During his second season, Redlands moved to the Division I level and won the Region II championship and advanced to the NJCAA Division I Tournament, making it the first time a school moved from Division II to Division I and made the National Tournament their first year.

In six years at Redlands, Eck compiled a record of 182 wins and only 22 losses. This past season, the Cougars finished 31-2 and were ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA poll for three weeks.

Overall, in 29 years as a head coach, Eck has a record of 590 wins and 78 losses.
        Prior to coaching at Redlands, Eck went 80-22 in three years as head coach at Butler Community College. While at Butler, Eck guided his team to an eight-week hold on the top ranking in the national NJCAA poll, and was the first coach in school history to lead his team to a regional championship in his first two years.

Eck is probably most well known for the success he had prior to coaching at the junior college level as he led Wichita South High School to an incredible 10 consecutive Wichita City League titles from 1986-1996. During that time, Wichita South posted a staggering record of 227-15, including a 153-7 mark in league play. His teams reached the state Final Four eight consecutive seasons, winning six state championships.

Wichita South still holds the city league record of 51 straight consecutive wins in league action. Eck is listed as the highest winning percentage coach of high school coaches in the country with at least 200 wins.
        Eck also served as the Associate Head Coach at NCAA Division I University of Missouri-Kansas City during the 1999-2000 season, where he helped revive the UMKC program.

UMKC was 8-22 prior to Eck’s arrival, and during Eck’s season as Associate Head Coach, UMKC posted a 16-12 overall record, including a 10-6 mark in conference play.

Along with his team's success on the court, Redlands had the highest team grade point average in NJCAA Division I four years (2001-02 to 2005-06) in a row. Also every sophomore Eck coached at Redlands graduated and received a scholarship to play at the next level.

Coach Eck can be reached at (620) 441-5221 or ecks@cowley.edu.

Comment

• For the record im just posting info.

Im with all of you as far as that guy and this job is concerned

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            For the record im just posting info.

I'm with all of you as far as that guy and this job is concerned
            nm
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Would Eck..COMPLETE THE LOOP??
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Re: Dead

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                Not nobody, SB. I also believe it's a dead issue, and in a world that has any contact with reality it would be.

But you're right; this is a message board, which by its nature has only a tenuous connection with reality when it comes to subjects such as this. Meanwhile, I'm with BA, only one better: Eck for Pope (after Benedict is gone, that is)!
                You have Marshall to thank for trying to write a new Seinfield show - The statement that Said Nothing, there would not be the magnitude of discussion. Had he not said anything the speculation would not be so rampant. Now we will be subjected to it for the next 2-3 months.

It's totally crazy out there right now - did you know that :

a. WSU only won 8 games last year so they already sucked when Marshall took over so look how much he's already meant to them.

b. WSU recruiting class all died last year from mad cow disease,

c. WSU lost all their starters plus the waterboy so it's not Marshall fault they are losing this year.

d. Marshall and Spurrier were separated at birth. It's only logical they should be reunited at USC.

e. Marshall has a special rider in his contract that if USC comes calling, then not only does WSU have to release him from his contract, but have to pay his moving costs to S. Carolina.

Comment

• SB my friend, you are funny :good:

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                  X