No announcement yet.

Marshall Has Spoken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am disappointed. I was hoping for an "I'm not interested" or "I have been contacted and turned down..." but what he said was best put as "absolutely nothing" Oh well, I hope tomorrow on Sports Daily isn't two more hours of "who will replace Marshall/let's hire Eck" speculation.

Comment

“Going forward, I do not plan to discuss any other job, position, or situation other than the one I have, Head Basketball Coach at Wichita State University. I will be happy to discuss our program at any opportunity.
      just hearing that over the radio, that DOES leave the door open

Comment

Once again I will say TOLD YOU SO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          This statement says absolutely nothing.
          I disagree. It says that he is not closing the door to the possibility of taking the SC job, IF it is offered to him.

It also says Shocker fans will be in Limbo about their Coach for another 60 - 90 days, but you will just have to deal with it.

Comment

Any of the other coaches releasing statements since Coach did his and VCU won't let Anthony Grant talk?

Comment

If he was going to stay, he would`ve said "I refuse to accept other coaching offers."

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                Any of the other coaches releasing statements since Coach did his and VCU won't let Anthony Grant talk?
                At this point everything is nothing but rumors and speculation. USC isn't going to talk to any coach until the season is over. Marshall only had to release a statement because so many Shocker fans are hyper sensitive to the issue and were wigging out already. I'd also be surprised if any school allowed USC to talk to their coach in the middle of the season.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This does nothing to reassure our great recruits that he is staying or tell them they should have no doubts about committing to WSU. I hope he is telling them that in private so that we can go back to our winning ways next year. Otherwise, I see this as doing nothing more than adding fuel to the speculation that he might leave and leaving us on shaky ground in our plans for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                    So im guessing here comes the wave of

"OMG HE DIDNT SAY NO WAH WAH WAH"

and then there will be the

'OMG I TOLD YOU PEOPLE NOT WORRY WAH WAH WAH YOU SUCK AT LIFE"

Count me in the latter.
                    I'm always in the latter

Comment

He would have been better off saying nothing. If I were a prized recruit this would scare the hell out of me.

Comment

How anticlimactic...waited around all day for that. But Sub is right, it was just to get people to calm down a little.
                        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

In case there are any internet/shockernet/callers to the show crossovers here let me say this:

He is not going to discuss the job. That means don't ask him about it.

Not tonight, not next week, not ever. Don't make it more painful that it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            He would have been better off saying nothing. If I were a prized recruit this would scare the hell out of me.

I have a difficult time disagreeing with any of this.

Comment

"I can assure everyone that all our energy — mine as well as my staff’s — is being spent to try and win games and recruit future Shockers. "

I thought this was the most promising exerpt from the statement. Here, he at least mentions "the future".
                              KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                              Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

If he was going to stay, he would`ve said "I refuse to accept other coaching offers."
                                Nonsense. No coach would ever say that.

You never know what might come open and who might throw irrational jack at you. It is not likely that Duke calls and offers 2M, but to say ' he would refuse other offers' would show an utter lack of ambition.

Personally, I like having a coach who is in demand.

I actually feel better after re-reading his statement. Anything else would have been Cohen-esque

To some of you youngsters, ask your elders about Mike Cohen's job accepting press conference. He said, paraphrasing ' this is my last job, and I will never leave here for another place'. That did not turn out so well.

Comment

Working...
                                X