No announcement yet.

SIU @ WSU game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the halftime show was absolutely terrible. WSU should have done a little more research before hiring that joker.

EO was really impressive on the defensive end. I thought he was much closer to a triple double than the stat line showed. Neither team played much defense in the first half. We applied more ball pressure in the second half. Early was exceptional. His confidence must be through the roof.

A win is a win now it's time to move on and prepare for the Aces.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
      Well lets talk about 3G's screw up stall game with 2:00 left and we are in the double bonus. Attack the basket and shoot free throws for two minutes, almost blew it 3G.
      Marcus Armstead had a little bit to do with that but good point...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein
        BLUE HORSESHOE loves Cleanthony Early. Drops 39 in WIchita'sState's win over Southern Illinois. Shockers are 15-1.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Garrett Stutz in the house. Jamar Howard, in the house. Kiristie Alley, in the house. Monkeys' riding the backs of dawgs, in the house. Kung Wu and the Good Doc, in the house. Tonight was like cheering with the stars. 82-76 was the final. The later part of the 1st half, I went numb in disbelief. The locker room had to be ugly at halftime but we came out swinging. Even so, we never did pull away as I thought we would. 15-1 is what we like to see. We dodged another bullet but this was too close for comfort.
          I shooor was! :)
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• No worries -- we have a BIG eraser.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• What a weird game. I stated earlier that Marshall's gameplan should take a lot of the blame for the first half, but I'm just as willing to give credit for the half-time adjustments. We came out playing like ourselves.

And of course, big props to Cleanthony Early and Ehimen Orukpe. Both of them should really see a chiropractor after the game because their backs must hurt from holding up the team. Hope Orukpe didn't re-injure his ankle (he was noticeably limping at times). Also, Tekele Cotton is a man and I think he represents the spirit of the Shockers as well as any player on our team.

We survived a team's best night of the year tonight. Let's move on and play better next game.

Comment

• I don't care who you are playing ... if you are ranked in the top #25, that team IS GOING TO BRING IT AGAINST YOU. So long as we stay ranked, every foe from here on out wants a piece of us. So purdy please keep winning!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Considering how poorly we've shot FTs this year, I can't blame him for milking the clock.
                  Speaking of milking the clock, I think the halftime show was trying to do the same. I'm still baffled by exactly what happened there.

Comment

• Was the half time show the monkeys on the dogs? They were on the the Cox's broadcast for a couple of seconds.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      Was the half time show the monkeys on the dogs? They were on the the Cox's broadcast for a couple of seconds.
                      Yes. It was very, very weird. It was trying to build up like something spectacular was going to happen and then ... nothing. And the dude kept saying he was "following his dream" to own a monkey some day, and you expected the routine to break into a funny comedy routine ... but it never did. At some point you had to take away that he was actually being serious. I just ... I'm ... so ... baffled.

Comment

• It was monkeys riding on dogs. No tricks just a very poor concept and the guy tried to make it inspirational but it came off cheesy.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          Was the half time show the monkeys on the dogs? They were on the the Cox's broadcast for a couple of seconds.
                          Did you have to listen to Bruce and Craig during halftime? Because, sadly, that was probably better than what we had to witness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Stupid but serious question: if EO gets double digit blocks, rebounds, and points, would that count as a triple double or do assists, rebounds, and points only count as a triple double?
                            Any combo counts. There have only been 10 triple-double performances in Shocker history. 6 of those were points-rebounds-assists. 4 by Warren Armstorng, 1 by Dave Stallworth and 1 by Terry Benton. The other 4 triple-doubles were points-rebounds-blocks and all 4 belong to Gene Wiley in the 1961-62 season.

In those 4 games Gene had 11, 12, 12 and 15 blocks which is why I was surprised that Mike said the 11 team blocks tonight set a new record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              Did you have to listen to Bruce and Craig during halftime? Because, sadly, that was probably better than what we had to witness.
                              Probably?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Any combo counts. There have only been 10 triple-double performances in Shocker history. 6 of those were points-rebounds-assists. 4 by Warren Armstorng, 1 by Dave Stallworth and 1 by Terry Benton. The other 4 triple-doubles were points-rebounds-blocks and all 4 belong to Gene Wiley in the 1961-62 season.

In those 4 games Gene had 11, 12, 12 and 15 blocks which is why I was surprised that Mike said the 11 team blocks tonight set a new record.
                                Blocked shots weren't officially kept as an NCAA record until 1985-86 season. Perhaps the record list he is using is following the NCAA standards?

Comment

Working...
                                X