No announcement yet.

Injury update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically Baker is not going to be a factor this season. It's nothing within his control, and maybe he can play, but to what extent.

Comment

I think an optimistic timetable is that he gets his first game minutes (spot) against Evansville, a few more at Creighton and will be back into the regular rotation for the MVC tourney. No inside info, just speculation.

Comment

I could see first game action being in 2 weeks if the foot is good and responds well to the running that he begins next week. The pool work will help since it doesn't put the same kind of impact on the foot and even though he's not in game shape now, he's still in a lot better shape than most of us and if it's good and no setbacks occur, I'd say two weeks. I know they're not going to push him, but I could see that happening if all goes well.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

5 to 10 minutes with him is better than 0 without. One more wrench in Gregg's toolbox.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I not hoping for the Baker that led us in scoring our first game. I'm looking for a guy to come off the bench a few minutes a game, play better defense than Wiggins, and shoot a little better than Cotton. That is something we need and something Baker can provide even if he isn't capable of doing everything he could before the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              I not hoping for the Baker that led us in scoring our first game. I'm looking for a guy to come off the bench a few minutes a game, play better defense than Wiggins, and shoot a little better than Cotton. That is something we need and something Baker can provide even if he isn't capable of doing everything he could before the injury.
              Especially at the end of the long conference grind, not to mention three games, hopefully, in three days in St. Louis. 10-15 decent minutes a game would be very helpful.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

And the sooner he's able to come back, the more minutes he'd be able to provide in STL and the NCAA. He probably won't get back to where he was at the beginning of the season, but he can be a very valuable piece of the National Championship march coming!
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ron Baker remains on track to test his left foot by running on Monday. He is scheduled to start shooting jump shots in a week. Baker has been out since Dec. 13 with a stress fracture.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy

Comment

He was out rebounding for the team prior to the start of the 2nd half against MoSt. He launched a few shots from the corner just as the shoot around was ending. It gave me hope.

Comment

• He missed a corner shot with the game ball after the end of the game.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Is Demetric okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Is Demetric okay?
                          Bruised hip
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WSU guard Ron Baker did dribbling drills and shot jumpers before the (Drake) game. He wasn’t working full-speed. He is supposed to start taking full-speed jumpers on Sunday, another step in his rehab from a stress fracture to his left foot.

Comment

Working...
                            X