Injury update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    he red-shirted last year so I doubt a medical red-shirt is unlikely.
    Conwusious say; Two red shirt = 1 yellow one with streak down back. We don't want no stinking yellow one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      CBB fan may have more posts totaled in the week following the Tennessee loss than the rest of the season combined.

Strange how quiet that feller has been lately with all the winning.
      You need to stop fixating on me. It is unhealthy.

I explained this already before, but I'll say it again: I posted a lot after the Tennessee loss because people kept replying to my posts. Most of those posts were a response, not a starting statement. I'm making the same amount of opening posts as I did during that week, but those posts aren't getting dozens of replies so I don't need to reply dozens of times.

Comment

Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop
        Gregg Marshall says surgery looks imminent for Evan Wessel. That means applying for a medical hardship season.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop
          Gregg Marshall says surgery looks imminent for Evan Wessel. That means applying for a medical hardship season.
          Oh wow. I hate to see that. I hope everything goes well for Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            Oh wow. I hate to see that. I hope everything goes well for Evan.
            He's been out for quite a while and not able to play through the pain. Hopefully, with surgery, he will be able to start practicing again before the end of the season, even if his playing season is over.

Comment

We had a pretty good idea that this is where we'd end up with Evan. I hope surgery is a complete success and he's ready to go next year. He can be a very valuable piece of this ever changing and oh so successful puzzle
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I hate to see him out and we have missed him in several of our close calls, but our 2015-16 backcourt just got a whole lot better.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

This is a blessing in disguise for Evan. The experience he gained this year before the injury will pay huge dividends down the road.

Comment

I agree, blessing in disguise. He'll get that red shirt he should have taken last year.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

As @SubGod22 stated, no real big surprise that it has come to this. Evan and 3G played out the string as long as they could but you could sense this was coming from some of the public comments made by 3G and Mike Kennedy.

Hope the surgery, recovery and rehab go well. This is not quite the same as a traditional redshirt year because Evan wil spend a significant part of this year with healing, recovery and rehab and not working on his game. Nevertheless, I am optimistic that this injury will not have any long lasting effects once surgically fixed and rehabilitated and Evan will be back as good or better than ever next year and beyond. Good luck, Evan.

My guess is Evan will go to Dr. Mark Melhorn for this surgery. I believe Dr. Melhorn is the doc that saved Koyie Hill's pro baseball career after his accident with a table saw. Although I'm not implying Evan's injury is any near as serious as what Koyie faced.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 7, 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post
                        He's been out for quite a while and not able to play through the pain. Hopefully, with surgery, he will be able to start practicing again before the end of the season, even if his playing season is over.
                        I don't believe he can practice with the team during the second half of the season and still be granted a medical redshirt.

Comment

What's Baker's current status? And any new word on Carl's progress?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Well we know Carl's out of the cast and doing his rehab work now, which no doubt is not fun.

Hopefully, Coach Marshall will have a full update on his radio show tonight.

Comment

If Evan would have had the surgery when he broke it would it have mended well enough to have allowed him to play the last part of the conference? If so it just seems this should have been a strong choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                I've heard snippets here and there that Carl would like to be back in the mix in time for the home games vs Illinois State on Jan 16th and/or vs Creighton on Jan 19th. I wouldn't put that past Carl although you wonder how effective he would be if that is his first game action since the injury. No doubt that right thumb will be wrapped the remainder of the year which may or may not impact Carl's game. I would not expect him back in the starting lineup initially.

Seems like the snippets on Ron are that he will be (at least) two weeks behind Carl and then it will just depend if he is completely healed and pain free. At least Carl has been able to maintain his conditioning. Not sure that the same can be said for Ron. Not sure what Ron has been able to do conditioning wise. It's possible Ron may have to work back into game shape by gradually building his minutes.

Would love to get both these guys back ASAP, but more importantly in relatively good health and condition for the stretch run at the end of the season and into post-season play.

Comment

Working...
                                X