No announcement yet.

Injury update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear anything about VanVleet? He was favoring his left side very late in the UNI game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      Anyone hear anything about VanVleet? He was favoring his left side very late in the UNI game.
      Freshman aren't allowed to be injured.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We have had 5 players that have played in every game this season: Malcolm Armstead, Cleanthony Early, Tekele Cotton, Demetric Williams, and Fred Van Vleet. Of those, only one was a starter at the beginning of the year, and 2 have played through injuries.

So, we've essentially played the entire season with a varying degree of injury. If we somehow manage to get everyone healthy by March (and we continue to play at a high level even without 3 starters), we could be a team no one wants to play in March regardless of our final record. If we drop to a 12-seed (right now we are probably a 5 or 6 seed), we should be favorites to to "upset" whoever we play.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
          We have had 5 players that have played in every game this season: Malcolm Armstead, Cleanthony Early, Tekele Cotton, Demetric Williams, and Fred Van Vleet. Of those, only one was a starter at the beginning of the year, and 2 have played through injuries.
          Fred and Demetric were injured when practices started and played through pain early. Cle was "injured" and thought he would miss a game, but came out and scored 20. Tekele is still battling an injury. Malcolm had a cold.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Fred and Demetric were injured when practices started and played through pain early. Cle was "injured" and thought he would miss a game, but came out and scored 20. Tekele is still battling an injury. Malcolm had a cold.
            Malcolm's "injury" is more of a laziness thing than the other guys. I was counting Williams's ankle and Cotton's back, though I didn't think Cleanthony or Fred had major injuries (I remember it now though).

I think the greater point is still the same though. It will actually be a good thing that the MVC tournament is one of the earliest conference tournaments, because it will give us more time to heal. Though we seem to injure ourselves more in practice than in games...

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              Malcolm's "injury" is more of a laziness thing than the other guys. I was counting Williams's ankle and Cotton's back, though I didn't think Cleanthony or Fred had major injuries (I remember it now though).

I think the greater point is still the same though. It will actually be a good thing that the MVC tournament is one of the earliest conference tournaments, because it will give us more time to heal. Though we seem to injure ourselves more in practice than in games...
              Well, wouldn't you rather play Valley teams than the WSU second team? We're seeing which is better. Which is tougher. Which has more Cajones.

Comment

CBB fan may have more posts totaled in the week following the Tennessee loss than the rest of the season combined.

Strange how quiet that feller has been lately with all the winning.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

White is reporting that a Drake player landed on his leg exactly in a spot that was already hurting - says he will be fine, just couldn't finish the game.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

So does this need to change to the "Who isn't injured report"? Who isn't hurt in some way right now? These guys are playing through pain and still are kicking ass and taking names.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      So does this need to change to the "Who isn't injured report"? Who isn't hurt in some way right now? These guys are playing through pain and still are kicking ass and taking names.
                      Are they still taking names? I thought Marshall already had a fully populated list.

Comment

I'm feeling pretty decent today, suit me up!
                        "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Are they still taking names? I thought Marshall already had a fully populated list.
                          Good point. That list was full a long time ago. Now they are just making sure they remember.

Comment

What's wrong with these guys

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                            Can Baker get a Medical Redshirt? What if we had Baker, Wessel and Van Fleet playing together for three more years? Oh my. Sprinkle in a little Derail Green and Shaq Morris for three years and at some point we might have a shot at Duke.
                            I consider your comment to be insulting! The Shockers are 13-1 and you make a stupid comment like this! We don't have to get good enough to play Duke. Were more than capable of playing anyone these days. You would be better off as a KU fan with your apathetic attitude. probably are.:livid:

Comment

It is great what these bench players are doing while the 3 starters are out. They are playing every bit like real starters. This is the kind of stuff that movies are made of. This is EPIC .

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                                It is great what these bench players are doing while the 3 starters are out. They are playing every bit like real starters. This is the kind of stuff that movies are made of. This is EPIC .
                                What's a "real" starter you tool.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X