No announcement yet.

WSU versus N. iowa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw UNI in person against Iowa. Iowa was shooting the lights out that day. The thing that impressed me about UNI was they were more adaptable in penetrating than I would have imagined. They took it to the hoop against Iowa to stay in the game till the end.
    I am sure it will be an exciting game.

Comment

Ugly and close.

Shox win by 2.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        the shockers need hall back in the worst way. they've lived a charmed life without him so far. but... uni will take advantage
        IF I remember correctly, you or maybe it was somebody else said that we've been lucky with almost every win this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          IF I remember correctly, you or maybe it was somebody else said that we've been lucky with almost every win this year.
          you remember incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            That would be the infamous CBB fan, who's been more quiet here lately after our last two wins than after our one lone loss.

another shocker is just the guy that hates Sully.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's very simple. In the war of have's and have-not's we have to win 80% of the time. We have to win to keep the natural order in balance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                That would be the infamous CBB fan, who's been more quiet here lately after our last two wins than after our one lone loss.

He sure does hate Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And again, that is a misrepresentation of my point. It is more fun to hate against, but the intended message was not "we got lucky, our wins mean nothing, we suck."

Instead, it was "we can be better, our opponents had unnecessary chances to win in at least two games, and we could get to the next level if we can make this adjustment."

Besides, I made a promise not to make negative posts with some many guys injured.

I'd make more positive posts, but generally a positive post will simply generate less discussion (and thus, lead to less follow-up posts) than a negative post. So a positive post may go unnoticed or a get at most a couple of replies, while a negative one could grow to 5 pages and lead to dozens of responses. So making an equal number of positive posts would require either spamming threads or creating a lot of new topics.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                    He sure does hate Sully.
                    you must be shocker fever's little pal.

i don't hate sully. and there's a game this sunday.

'shockers are going to get punched in the mouth, and uni has got more weight behind it than s. miss does. i want to see how the guys respond- i'd say pick'em (but not if carl hall was playing).

Comment

Good analysis SB
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This game will be a major surprise. If UNI shoots it remotely well, Shox are not going to win. With Mitchell having a year under his belt, there won't be another 20 point loss. UNI just had a nice win against St. Mary's and played their best ball of the year for large portions of that game. UNI is confident, healthy and ready to prove a lot of people wrong. I also see Mitchell having the ability to get under the skin of MA and cause some issues there. Mitchell is relentless on the dribble and will continue to attack. If EO is in foul trouble, UNI could win this going away by attacking the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          you must be shocker fever's little pal.

i don't hate sully. and there's a game this sunday.

'shockers are going to get punched in the mouth, and uni has got more weight behind it than s. miss does. i want to see how the guys respond- i'd say pick'em (but not if carl hall was playing).
                          Disagree, I think USM and UNI are very similar. Both win the games they are expected to and have dropped games that would have really elevated their status as conference and at-large contenders.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

the difference right now between UNI and WSU is UNI played arguably the most difficult non-conference schedule of any team in the country. WSU not so much. UNI didn't win any of the games that could have propelled them to at-large contenders, but they also didn't lose to anyone that could be considered a bad loss. Their schedule is going to have them very prepared for the Valley season.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                              Disagree, I think USM and UNI are very similar. Both win the games they are expected to and have dropped games that would have really elevated their status as conference and at-large contenders.
                              i think uni has much more size than s. miss.- and after running with the "a" dogs, they're probably pretty crafty by now too.

i hope orupke can stay on the floor (ie not get into foul trouble). i hope early puts his game face on and leaves it on for the full 40 min

Comment

Originally posted by 2Pink1Stink View Post
                                the difference right now between UNI and WSU is UNI played arguably the most difficult non-conference schedule of any team in the country. WSU not so much. UNI didn't win any of the games that could have propelled them to at-large contenders, but they also didn't lose to anyone that could be considered a bad loss. Their schedule is going to have them very prepared for the Valley season.
                                Nice UNI fan disguise.

The computer numbers don't say UNI has played the strongest schedule. And looking how UNI has played, what magically makes them a conference favorite again?

This renewed optimism by UNI fans is pretty cute. You play a bunch of good teams and lose most of them and that automatically means you're good.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X