WSU versus N. iowa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus N. iowa predictions and pregame discussions

Here's the deal. Valley time is where it is at. N. Iowa is no slouch and expect a tough game for our beloved 9 Shocks still standing. Both teams seem picked around 2-5 by the various prognosticaters. Our beloved Shocks did a grand job taking care of buswax in the Non Con games. If we can just piece-meal some needed wins until we get back to 11 strong again. I think we can and I think we will. This game will be very close and Early, D-Will and Wiggins will lead the way in this game to jump-start the Valley off with a Win.

Shoxs----68

Panthers-65
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; December 27, 2012, 10:16 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shox - 65
    Cats - 59

We're short handed, but we're still more talented than UNI. Ehimen is back in force to control the paint and MA is going to have his head on straight and not be an idiot. Cle gets a double/double and we start the conference season on the right foot.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We surprise people.

Shockers 75
      Panthers 60

Comment

This game will be too close to call. The O/U will probably be 110. We'll see the zone all night, I hope the guys have been practicing their perimeter shots over the short break.

Comment

We hit our perimeter shots.

WSU. 82

UNI. 65
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Shox 61
            Panthers 49

Comment

UNI will dribble penetrate off of ball screens. Just go back and watch Kujo Ahhellwithit beat WSU over and over and over off the ball screen a couple years ago. With only 9 guys this will be problematic as I foresee a lot of fouls piling up on our side. Couple that with the fact WSU just doesn't have a go to guy right now and our propensity to leave guys open in the corner (Sonnen especially will hurt) and I don't see the good guys coming out on the right side of the score. I truly hope I am wrong and I know I will be yelling as loud as I can to try and help make it happen.

UNI 62
              WSU 57

stat of the game: FTs UNI 19-24, WSU 10-18
              Last edited by Slalomshocker; December 28, 2012, 08:09 AM.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

69 to 64 Da Shocks
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  This game will be too close to call. The O/U will probably be 110. We'll see the zone all night, I hope the guys have been practicing their perimeter shots over the short break.
                  I hope the guys have been working on passing into the post and dribble penetration over the break. That's how we need to beat the zone.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

UNI is a tough matchup for us right now. Healthy, we beat them by 15+ at home. Injured, I just don't know.

WSU 65
                    UNI 61

Comment

We win, they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                        UNI will dribble penetrate off of ball screens. Just go back and watch Kujo Ahhellwithit beat WSU over and over and over off the ball screen a couple years ago.
                        Things have changed since those games a couple of years ago. On Sunday, they will think twice about penetrating after getting their shots blocked into the 4th row.

Shox 76
                        Kitties 62

Comment

Very difficult game. UNI plays very "smart" and is well coached. Will present this version of the Shocks some offensive looks that will challange the D.

Comment

HCGM uses a special cologne for this game. It's illegal in nine countries. It's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good.

Shox -- 80

Panthers -- 73
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

UNI will play mostly an old school sagging man to man defense according to HCGM on his show last night. They do not fight the passing lanes as evidenced by their low tempo adjusted steals percentage and high percent of 3 pt fga / 2pt fga defense. They rank 269th and 316th respectively amongst all 347 DI teams in these two categories.

Also, consider that labeling a defense simply by zone or man is an oversimplification. Some zone defenses are aggressive enough to function statistically as man defenses, and vice versa.

What I find unusual is UNI's incredibly low offensive rebounding percentage which is 338th in the country. They simply must not crash offensive glass because they don't want an up tempo game.

Last, I hope we don't block shots to the 4th row but to a teammate instead.

Shocks win by 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X