Southern Miss game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    BTW-if you were sitting in section 207, then you should never attend a game again. Their asses sat the whole game, even when we took the lead. Every single one of them. They all should be ashamed. I yelled at them to stand the hell up, but no respond, unfreaking believable. Did they not get Marshall memo?
    Don't worry, the crowd was bringing it from the bench's perspective. It was rowdy!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 2012-2013 Men's College Basketball Wichita State Shockers Team Home Page: team information including RPI, strength of schedule, schedule and results, streaks and statistics.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Dear Kung Wu Claws---All I want for Cwismas is 11-1, and then another 11-1 to bring in the new year. U dig?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• had company over tonight so just now checking in on the game. Glad I didn't listen, I wouldn't have any fingernails left. We need Nick Wiggins playing more minutes. Sounds like he's for real - I don't care if coach doesn't think he's not ready. He's the only guy consistenly putting the biscuit in the basket.

Comment

• State of Kansas 3-0 today. Good Stuff.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• That Wiggins Dunk had me just screaming till my lungs hurt. Gosh this team was ballsy tonight. EO deserves to start, if you think other wise then get out of town.

Comment

• Also don't get close to the floor seats on the corner section, they are absolute crap. Can't see anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Couldn't listen, how was the crowd?

Did Douche McPerrybag call to complain again?
                  Lol @ McPerryBag.

Crowd was great tonight! We were kept a little silent in the first half, but that was mainly due to 23% shooting (turrrible ).

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Dear Kung Wu Claws---All I want for Cwismas is 11-1, and then another 11-1 to bring in the new year. U dig?
                    Soooooo dig!! 11-1 .... mmmm mmm mm.

Comment

• The crowd was awesome once the Shockers picked up the intensity in the second half. This was really the tale of two halves and the second half was some of the most fun I've had at a game in a long time.

That being said I think that we would have lost by 10-15 points if this game was on the road so that means we have plenty of work to do moving forward.

Wiggins had an absolutely amazing put back that helped seal the deal. I still can't get that play out of my head. His athleticism isn't far behind Early's and he shoots the rock well from deep.

Let's hope we can start selling out Koch arena now that we are heading into Valley play.
                      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I feel bad for those who spent money on this game instead of using that money toward some Xmas gifts. I bet half the crowd will have left the game at halftime.
                        Keep your bad feelings to yourself. If you want to feel bad, feel bad your don't support the program better. My group thought they witnessed a special game.

Comment

• It's fun to read the game thread after the fact. The 9,619 fans that made it downtown on a beautiful evening represented very well. I guess if you were a Shocker team today you were going to win with a big comeback after playing a lousy 1st 25 minutes as the men's game pretty much mirrored the Lady Shocks road win at SMU earlier in the day.

I thought 3G did a masterful job of subbing defense for offense and vice versa between Nick and Tekele in the 2nd half. Nick had those two huge put backs on offensive rebounds late in the game and Tekele played his ass of on defense and got his hands on a lot of balls. Tekele looked like he was gassed by the end of the game.

Can't believe we have another injury to deal with with Jake's back.

That was a very unusual zone defense USM deploys and the Shocks had very little time to prepare for it. I guess it's a good sign that they eventually figured out how to attack it.

EO's two free throws to put the Shocks up 55-51 were absolutely huge and he looked totally confident in knocking those down. EO just absolutely disrupts the other team inside the paint. Hard to measure his value in that regard.

Hopefully, we gain some consistency on the offensive end. We are best with Maclolm at the point, but he needs to lose the playground tude and make his point on the scoreboard and forget the trash talking crap.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 22, 2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            I feel bad for those who spent money on this game instead of using that money toward some Xmas gifts. I bet half the crowd will have left the game at halftime.
                            If they went with your feelings, then they missed a hell of a comeback. Remember how many healthy players we have and who they are right now. Just chill.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My 21 year old son and I had a change of plans. We live an hour from IBA and thought we would be in KC overnight. We arrived home at 5:30 and got in to IBA at 6:40....bought the least expensive tickets and sat with a bunch of kids for the first half. Grabbed a couple of beers at halftime and had scouted a large open area in the corner and watched the second half from closer. We had a great night...and take full credit for the win..First, we changed the Karma by moving...and second..DWill had just committed his umpteenth turnover and threw up a poor shot when the guy in front of me and I simultaneously said..."I'd sit him down for good!"....He proceeded to show us! Gutsy win. OK place for a game, but seems a little to Clink like for me...There's no place like the roundhouse.
                              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Keep your bad feelings to yourself. If you want to feel bad, feel bad your don't support the program better. My group thought they witnessed a special game.
                                No complaints from the section I was in either. The energy level was high and everyone joined in on cheering the team.
                                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Working...
                                X