No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That warm body, Ozell Jones somehow made it to the NBA did he not?
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      That warm body, Ozell Jones somehow made it to the NBA did he not?
      Ozell "Hoppy" Jones (November 20, 1960 – September 7, 2006) was a professional basketball player. Born in Long Beach, California, he was listed at 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) and weighed 235 lbs. Jones first played collegiate ball with the Wichita State University(1979–1981) and helped the Shockers reach the Elite 8 in his second year. He later transferred to Cal State Fullerton to play for the Titans in 1982-1984. He entered the 1984 NBA Draft and was chosen in the fourth round (90th pick overall) by the San Antonio Spurs.[1] On October 24, 1985, Jones was waived by the Spurs. He later signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Clippers on March 31, 1986 but played only three games. After his stint in the NBA, Jones first played overseas in Italy (1986–1987) then spent the rest of his professional career playing in the CBA for the Cincinnati Slammers (1986–1987), Quad City Thunder (1987–1988), Tulsa Fast Breakers (1989–1990) and Tri-City Chinook (1993–1994). He also participated in the USBL with two stints for the Miami Tropics in 1987 and 1988. After retiring, Jones operated a big and tall men's clothing store in Lancaster, California.

:poster_wu:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

That warm body, Ozell Jones somehow made it to the NBA did he not?
        A cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.

Comment

• Yes the warm body was in the NBA. Thanks KC.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Yes the warm body was in the NBA. Thanks KC.
            "Hoppy", RIP
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
              Now let's see . . .
              Lynn Marshall showing moderste enthusiasm (well, maybe significant enthusiasm) . . .
              Everyone els. in the frame - ("Ho Hum . . . I wonder if I should leave at the 6 minute mark to beat the traffic? . . .)
              Draw your own conclusion.
              A mutual friend remarked to Lynn about her exuberance and Lynn put it into perspective (paraphrased) - "I know it is a game for everyone else, passionate or not - but for me, it is my husband, my family and my future. Why wouldn't I be excited?"
              Point taken . . .
              Quoting another poster - "Love me some Lynn Marshall"
              Barry's just jealous. Hot wife who supports him. Gazillion dollah paychecks. One of the best in the country at what he does. Loved by 250, 000 Wichitans. Hmmm maybe Barry is Gene Stephenson? Oh no I di'n't. Oh yes I did.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                He is a really good player. He didn't just come out of the woodwork, He was injured when the season started and not up to snuff.
                I believe that Chadrack can get the Shockers through this injury period pretty much intact. I believe that he will do so well that he will be a force even after the others return. I even believe that he will eclipse Carl Hall when he is firing on all cylinders.Don't be surprised if he turns out to be the best player. GO SHOCKERS!!!:tyrannosaurus:
                I find it interesting you give C.J. a pass for being injured and not EO. EO had arguably his best game when he got injured. Before the injury he was a fast leaper, active hedge defender and a good screener. It's easy to see he is not feeling great on that ankle. The bounce in his step is gone. Heck, he lost the tip last night for the first time in his life. When he gets that confidence in his body back he will be a defensive juggernaut again. Just as Lufile will continue to improve as he gets more practice and game time.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Barry's just jealous. Hot wife who supports him. Gazillion dollah paychecks. One of the best in the country at what he does. Loved by 250, 000 Wichitans. Hmmm maybe Barry is Gene Stephenson? Oh no I di'n't. Oh yes I did.
                  If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                    Now let's see . . .
                    Lynn Marshall showing moderate enthusiasm (well, maybe significant enthusiasm) . . .
                    Everyone else in the frame - ("Ho Hum . . . I wonder if I should leave at the 6 minute mark to beat the traffic?" . . .)
                    Draw your own conclusion.
                    A mutual friend remarked to Lynn about her exuberance and Lynn put it into perspective (paraphrased) - "I know it is a game for everyone else, passionate or not - but for me, it is my husband's career, my family's security and my future. Why wouldn't I be excited?"
                    Point taken . . .
                    Quoting another poster - "Love me some Lynn Marshall" . . .

Wow haven't seen pictures of mrs Marshall she is hot!

Comment

• Jeez she's the only one dressed right.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Listening to the Sports Daily podcast.

Barry seems to have an agenda. I really wanna rip that guy a new one.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Lufile will be our Carl Hall in 2013-14

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          C-Rack is going to be a stud next year. I'd say we're going to see a very similar growth in him that we saw in Carl from last year to this year. This stretch of PT is going to do wonders for all these new guys and young guys on the team.
                          I cannot argue with anything that you have said. Gooo Shockers!!!

Comment

• They realized that he couldn't play right away too. He was in the NBA for his height alone

Comment

• Or better.

Comment

• Charleston Southern not a slouch team (in spite of their record)

Charleston Southern gave #12 Arizona (now #4) all that it could handle at Arizona and lost by just 9 pts. Even a banged up Shocker team with a slow start was able to defeat them on it's home court by an even greater margin. Just Saying. Be hopefull Shocks and never conceed any games at all in your mind or otherwise. Weve come this hard so keep on fighting! Gooo Shocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X