WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
    COACH WANTED THE PEOPLE TO RAISE THE ROOF TONITE ,BUT PROBABLY NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF BEING OBNOXIOUS.
    Like typing in all caps?

Just sayin'. ;)

Comment

• I would imagine that the half time speech went something like this:

3G: "Guys you"
      Interupted by Carl Hall: "I got it Coach - Y'all better start playing with some energy or I'm gonna whip y'all's ass with one hand"

And that my friend - is the rest of the story.

Much better energy on both ends of the floor in the second half. WTG Shox!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        What on earth were you expecting tonight? If anything, I'm relieved that we showed good progress and the guys started adjusting to their new roles in the second half.
        What I was expecting was complete domination. This team has only two D1 wins all year, and those were against two teams who have a combined 2 wins. Three starters down or not, we have better talent plain and simple. At home to bit. Pretty much any decent team, we are down by 20 in the first half the way that was played. Good halftime adjustments, glad they won. But they play like they did in the first half against Southern Miss, we are going to get boat raced in our own backyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Anyone have any Clear Eyes? My eyes are hurting watching one of the ugliest basketball games I have ever seen. If this is a sign of things to come, this team is in trouble until the hurt guys come back. Even when they do come back, that won't guarantee immediate success as no doubt their legs won't be fully there and the rust will have to be knocked off.

A win is a win, but this is a forgettable performance.
          b**** much?

3 starters out, EO and Cotton limping around, shox won. Alabama only won by 13, Charlotte by 10, and Arizona by 9 against these guys. I mean you make some good points and I'm not arguing but sometimes you gotta know when to just enjoy the win.

Comment

Anyone have any Clear Eyes? My eyes are hurting watching one of the ugliest basketball games I have ever seen. If this is a sign of things to come, this team is in trouble until the hurt guys come back. Even when they do come back, that won't guarantee immediate success as no doubt their legs won't be fully there and the rust will have to be knocked off.

I fully expected tonight to look exactly like it did. It can't be easy to lose three starters, one being your best player, and look good in the next game. I'm sure Marshall and the team learned some things tonight, will make a few adjustments and hopefully can eek out a win Saturday.

Comment

• The day KC knows how to enjoy a win will be the day pigs fly.

Since we're in the Bah humbug section of the thread, though, let me chime in with this: wasn't there a time this year when the Shocks knew how to shoot free throws? It's been so long I'm having a hard time remembering, but I could have sworn that they could.

Comment

• For fun:

We are 36-0 the last two seasons when we score 65+ points in regulation.

We are 1-7 over that same period when we put up less than 65 in regulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  For fun:

We are 36-0 the last two seasons when we score 65+ points in regulation.

We are 1-7 over that same period when we put up less than 65 in regulation.
                  Well, that tells us what one of the goals for Saturday night will be.

Comment

• LMAO...my man CJ almost sounds a little like Mike Tyson.

NEW FAVORITE PLAYER!!!

Comment

What I was expecting was complete domination. This team has only two D1 wins all year, and those were against two teams who have a combined 2 wins. Three starters down or not, we have better talent plain and simple. At home to bit. Pretty much any decent team, we are down by 20 in the first half the way that was played. Good halftime adjustments, glad they won. But they play like they did in the first half against Southern Miss, we are going to get boat raced in our own backyard.
                      The energy in the 1st half sucked, and against anyone else, we would have been in more trouble, no doubt.

A hot Nimley in the 2nd half like in the 1st would have posed a serious threat as well....

Our offense needs to improve. Even in the 2nd half, we looked a little rough. Offensive rebounding in the 2nd half was the key for us.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If you think the fans watching on TV missed Hall, imagine how much the players on the court missed him.

Guys that were bench role players and sometimes deep bench role players are now the "go to" guys. Making that adjustment is not an immediate thing. It takes some adjustment of attitude, mentality, and approach. Don't be surprised that they didn't adjust immediately. Be surprise that it looks like it only took them one half of ball to start figuring out their new roles and how to play without 4 key players. Orukpe isn't really "bck" yet. He's hardly jumping at all. 250+ pounds landing on a sprained ankle - even a recovering ankle - is a pain. And I mean a pain. I've only done it with 150 pounds and I'd never consider jumping this close after a serious ankle sprain.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          The day KC knows how to enjoy a win will be the day pigs fly.

Since we're in the Bah humbug section of the thread, though, let me chime in with this: wasn't there a time this year when the Shocks knew how to shoot free throws? It's been so long I'm having a hard time remembering, but I could have sworn that they could.
                          I enjoyed the win, I expected the win. I am not surprised we won. If the day comes where I'm surprised that the Shox beat teams like this, is the day when this program has turned into SWOMO

Comment

What I was expecting was complete domination.
                            For a self-proclaimed realist this was pretty damn stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              The day KC knows how to enjoy a win will be the day pigs fly.

I believe we had a game where we went 23 for 24, or something like that. Take that game away and we are shooting 45% from the line. (Just kidding) have no idea what we would be.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Man, was CJ excited to talk or what?! Actually had some excitement in his voice! Really fun to listen too.

Comment

Working...
                                X