No announcement yet.

Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marshall really is number 5 on SC's list, then his announcement on Monday can only be that he is staying and pulling his name out of consideration for the job. Remember, Marshall and all of his coaches spent Friday night (the night after all this came out) recruiting in the St. Louis area. He is out there recruiting. He has talked about getting one or two more guys to come to WSU next year. Issuing a weak statement will do Marshall nothing.

Besides, with all of the jobs that he was rumored in the running for at Winthrop, wouldn't he have a bunch of old wishy washy press releases he could just change Winthrop to WSU and have sent out on Friday instead of waiting for Monday?

Comment

• Perspective

Originally posted by shockerfan
      Here is a list posted by TheState.com (kinda like our Kansas.com). Lists what they feel is 5 possible candidates and in the order they would see it being in the eyes of SC's AD:

http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/290818.html
      What's great about this list is its perspective. This board has so many posters who are totally Wichita-centric -- not to mention cynical, paranoid, insecure, and all the other lovely qualities I've griped about -- that they forget that the world really is not out to get WSU.

Marshall is a great coach, as his record shows, and an attractive candidate. But he's not alone in that, and he's not the hottest guy out there. He's not likely to be at the top of USC's list, and there are plenty of reasons for him not to be interested even if the Gamecocks are.

When kcshocker11 said there's no sense worrying, he understated the case. There's no sense to it, and no reason to do so.

Comment

• I thought this was interesting, concerning the buyout clause in Anthony Grant's (VCU) contract:

"Should he leave for another school, that school would be required to either pay VCU $75,000 or agree to a home-and-home series."

Good idea, should have done it with Turgeon.

Comment

• With the way the Shockers have been playing, anyone would want to walk away. It's even getting hard to defense the team as a fan.

I believe in HCGM and he's got heart.

The team just needs some faith.

And prayers would hurt either!!! :posterwu:
          Knowledge, Skill & Attitude

Comment

• Has there been mention of what time tomorrow that Coach will issue his statement?

Will it be issued to the media? Will it be on GoShockers.com?

Comment

• I think it's sportscenter worthy news

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                Here is a list posted by TheState.com (kinda like our Kansas.com). Lists what they feel is 5 possible candidates and in the order they would see it being in the eyes of SC's AD:

http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/290818.html
                Hard to believe the low pay of the other coach's in that write-up. I wouldn't think there would be a major college coach anywhere making only $300,000 per year.

But anyway. CGM isn't going anywhere. And he's smart enough to know the only way to let everyone (recruits), media (recruits), and fans (recruits), know that he means it, is to issue a press release for all the world to see.

And they all lived happily ever after. Bookem Dan-o. :good:
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• This may sound all fine and dandy but home's a pretty damn fine reason to go.

Comment

• If it's only a "press release"...why take 3 days to write down a sentence to pass along to the media???

Here, I can do it in less than 30 seconds.

"Although I am honored to be considered for the head coaching job at South Carolina, I am perfectly comfortable at Wichita St. and wish to continue coaching at Wichita St. for a long time. Thank you, good night."

lol - :D
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      I can't really recall any instances of a coach announcing mid-season that he's going to take another job.
                      Bobby Petrino

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                        This may sound all fine and dandy but home's a pretty damn fine reason to go.
                        There is an old saying "it takes two to tango".

Yesterday on KGSO pre-game show they interviewed a media guy from Rock Hill, S.C. (I think that was where he was from) and it doesn't seem that Marshall is this god back in S.C. that some would lay it out to be, and in fact there are some very big question marks on him that Marshall is hoping to answer with his tour with WSU.

Now as WSU fans, we have to hope that he grows to love the program, facilities, fans, and community and will want to stay long term (it would probably help if Global Warming would also kick in during the winter).

Comment

• Well it's pretty warm around here. We should be buried in snow. Also, I'm starting to think our record is a blessing in disguise

Comment

• You guys worry too much
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Odom was talking about retiring last spring well before HCGM considered taking this job. He is thrilled about his recruiting class, he is thrilled with his contract, he (so far) is thrilled with a sold out arena and likes being the only show in town. We are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have us. I promise you he spent more time thinking about any new recruits he watched than any potential offers of jobs.

Comment

• Subgod22's famous words through the years here on SN apply to Monday. "I'm NOT worried." HCGM will nip this wildfire speculation in the bud quickly so it does not intervere in the best recruiting Shocker Class he is and will build on bringing in here for next year that we have witnessed in a very long time.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X