No announcement yet.

Marshall to issue statement...Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize for the offending remark I have removed it.

But, I know people that move all over the country many of them make a lot more money than Greg Marshall and they do not take the in-laws with them.

A lot of families are close but that is why we have phones, e-mail and planes.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Shirley's parents were Jack Schmidt and Pisa Schmidt. On his good days he was only nelgected.

Comment

• On the Gamecocks board they have a link to a KWCH story.... and the forum headline is saying ... Marshall Could happen as soon as Monday....LOL I don't get that at all from the story on there...

Comment

• What's so bad about Shirley's statement?

Should we take a poll of Shockernet posters to inquire who would prefer to live in the same town as their in-laws or to live with some buffer zone.

I know what my vote would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by aShock4life
            On the Gamecocks board they have a link to a KWCH story.... and the forum headline is saying ... Marshall Could happen as soon as Monday....LOL I don't get that at all from the story on there...
            Penncock: I can confirm that a member of the Board of Trustees has indeed already contacted Gregg to gauge his interest. Anybody who reads my posts regularly knows why this information would be 100% correct. Also my understanding there have been others contacted as well.

Comment

• Whether or not HCGM or any of the rest of us do or do not get along with our in-laws is not terribly relevant IMHO.

Perhaps Oprah, Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer have message boards to deal with that issue for those interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU
                Penncock: I can confirm that a member of the Board of Trustees has indeed already contacted Gregg to gauge his interest. Anybody who reads my posts regularly knows why this information would be 100% correct. Also my understanding there have been others contacted as well.
                I am assuming this is a post from one of the SC boards. Sounds like a pretty reasonable statement and, in and of itself, nothing earth-shaking or beyond what you would expect at this point.

Monday, will be very, very interesting and nerve-racking day for Shocker fans. Whether or not the issue gets put totally to bed or whether we are left to wonder what will happen down the line remains to be seen.

Comment

• If it's the guy I'm thinking of, the SC poster, penncock, says he knows the Marshall's personally, even having had Thanksgiving dinner with them.

As a side note, he claims that Marshall believed Guy Alang-Ntang would have been our top recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    Originally posted by BenWSU
                    I am assuming this is a post from one of the SC boards. Sounds like a pretty reasonable statement and, in and of itself, nothing earth-shaking or beyond what you would expect at this point.

Monday, will be very, very interesting and nerve-racking day for Shocker fans. Whether or not the issue gets put totally to bed or whether we are left to wonder what will happen down the line remains to be seen.
                    its easy in my mind. monday he either says he is staying or he is leaving. any squirming or bollshitte talk means he is headed back south carolina, to join a program with no history.
                    ________
                    Mazda titan
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• Originally posted by goshocks
                      Originally posted by 1972Shocker

its easy in my mind. monday he either says he is staying or he is leaving. any squirming or bollshitte talk means he is headed back south carolina, to join a program with no history.

If he hasn't been offered anything, how can he say he is leaving? This won't be a quick search and though the boards have him as a top candidate, who knows if he would even get an interview (there may be people above him on the list that take the job before it gets to him).

So really, what can he say without knowing anything about the job? To just say "I'm staying" without making an informed decision (ie, know what the offer is and know how it would affect his family), seems a bit dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by goshocks

I think the fact that SC has contacted multiple coaches, at least to me says that Marshall will either say he is staying or saying "squirmy" talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock
                          Originally posted by goshocks

I think the fact that SC has contacted multiple coaches, at least to me says that Marshall will either say he is staying or saying "squirmy" talk.
                          Well of course they are going to contact other coaches. The AD should be fired if his gameplan was solely to bring GM aboard. The fans and alumni would have his head if he didn't do his research.

Comment

• Any other coaches issuing statements about the Gamecock job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                              Any other coaches issuing statements about the Gamecock job?
                              good point hotel. Seems like ours is the only one that has anything to say. THE GUY IS LEAVING, the quicker we get this through our little heads, the faster we can move on to the next con artist. Coaches leave all the time to jobs for more money, love the program, or just the simple fact of joining a BCS school. It sucks, but it is reality. Is WSU better then SC in terms of history and chances of making the tourney, YES YES YES. HCGM can turn this program around and take us far in the tourny. This is the only situation that makes alot of sense to him, and I for one think he is gonna pull o HUGGY BEAR ON US.
                              ________
                              Breakup advice forums
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• I would call coach a snake or anything. I can't blame the man if home is calling him away.

Comment

Working...
                                X