Andy Katz just reported...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan1
    Things have not changed enough for him to change his mind. Anyway we still have a lot of time between now and then and by the time he is even ready to make an announcement they will already have a replacement in South Carolina. Again, HCGM has assured us (and me personally) that he is committed to WSU and to the future.
    J
    I agree man, but watch out Shockerfever wont a agree with you and start name calling. But yea i agree he has made a commitment here and i dont think he even thinks about going anywhere until the job is done here.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

We don't NEED GM. Im high on GM and I believe he will do well here but we have a nice arena and a good fan base and im a believer many coaches could win here.
      I respectfully disagree. We need him to stay and build something. He's a top quality coach and would be a great hire for any school. We need him to finish what he's starting. If he leaves, it could set back the program 5 years at least. Heck, if we had hired Sutton (the younger version) and he had left after one season, I'd be saying the same thing.

The damage to our recruiting and our reputation and image could be severe. I've said it at least 3 other times (in multiple threads...) let's just hope it doesn't happen. That's all we can do.

It stinks that the season is going so poorly that we don't have anything to distract us from thinking about this, but really this looming issue will be on our minds (most of us) for the rest of this season like a nasty storm on the horizon we just hope misses us and blows over.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Comment

Browsing SC boards - the fan favorite seems to be Anthony Grant. Chris Lowery name has been thrown out. Also Bobby Lutz. Marshall seems to be mixed - some want him, some don't.

Who knows maybe Jank (living off of Moser's recruits) will have career season and jump after 1 season.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          I agree man, but watch out Shockerfever wont a agree with you and start name calling. But yea i agree he has made a commitment here and i dont think he even thinks about going anywhere until the job is done here.
          Show me where I called you a name. Show me.

Stop making up stuff to try and validate your silly rambles you call "points". The only name calling going on in here was you calling me a dumby-dumb.

Once again, I brought up, what I thought was, some legitimate points and all you could do was say "man, all you do is stir up shiat.".. :cry:

The anger being built up inside of you and the ensuing meltdown is really fun to watch.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Originally posted by SB Shock
            Originally posted by wxkid23

We don't NEED GM. Im high on GM and I believe he will do well here but we have a nice arena and a good fan base and im a believer many coaches could win here.
            I hope this is a prophecy of the future, because past performance over the last 20 years would not support your opinion.

Only 1 out of 5 coaches in the last 20 years has had 20 win season (Turgeon with 3).

Eddie had 2, almost 3 for 3.
            I didn't count Eddie as one.

Coach 1 - Cohen (3 season - best record 14-17)
            Coach 2 - Thompson (4 seasons - best record 13-14)
            Coach 3 - Smithson (3 seasons - best record 16-15)
            Coach 4 - Turgeon (7 seasons - best record 26-9)
            Coach 5 - Marshall (1 season, 8-8 record)

Comment

This is Eddie Fogler all over again. Except he stayed what 3 years???

I think if South Carolina comes calling with an offer after this season then GM is long gone. If they don't...well then WSU will be okay.

Hope they don't come calling...
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Browsing SC boards - the fan favorite seems to be Anthony Grant. Chris Lowery name has been thrown out. Also Bobby Lutz. Marshall seems to be mixed - some want him, some don't.

Who knows maybe Jank (living off of Moser's recruits) will have career season and jump after 1 season.
                I agree, i think Grant will prolly be the fav to get that job if he wants it. Usually the coaches that get the BCS jobs are coaches are successful in march in that certain year, not coaches that are in the bottom of the conference

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                  Let's hope Marshall is the kind of coach who doesn't like to leave a job unfinished. Hopefully he wants to stick around and prove that he can turn this thing around.
                  Amen. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. WE NEED HIM.

wx,

Let me be blunt. Today, now, we need HCGM one hell of a lot more than he needs us. Have you seen what's happened in the last 8 months when we lose 1 coach?

Right now we are 1 short year from competing, again, for a conference championship. If he leaves we'll be 4 years, bare ass minimum.

Comment

I hope this is a prophecy of the future, because past performance over the last 20 years would not support your opinion.

Only 1 out of 5 coaches in the last 20 years has had 20 win season (Turgeon with 3).

Slavaczech. I wasn't counting GM as 1.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                      Let's hope Marshall is the kind of coach who doesn't like to leave a job unfinished. Hopefully he wants to stick around and prove that he can turn this thing around.
                      Amen. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. WE NEED HIM.

wx,

Let me be blunt. Today, now, we need HCGM one hell of a lot more than he needs us. Have you seen what's happened in the last 8 months when we lose 1 coach?

Right now we are 1 short year from competing, again, for a conference championship. If he leaves we'll be 4 years, bare ass minimum.
                      i agree Doc, it would be a compete disaster if HCGM left after this year

Comment

newshock and ShockerFever. Please stop calling each other out and name-calling. I've already deleted about 6 posts from this topic. Do you guys need a timeout?

Comment

LOL, I needed that.

I couldn't understand why all the new posts and the thread was still on page 3.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            newshock and ShockerFever. Please stop calling each other out and name-calling. I've already deleted about 6 posts from this topic. Do you guys need a timeout?
                            no but he needs a Technical Foul :lol:
                            j/k of course

Comment

^Royal, let them go at each other. I want to see BLOOD since my cockfighting ring got ratted out =)

Comment

Slavaczech. I wasn't counting GM as 1.
                                LOL,

now I guess Brauer could come back next week and the team gets on a roll with the more favorable schedule coming up and Marshall could get 20 wins :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X