• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    He will not go, because he knows its not the right thing to do
    That is absurd.
    and why is that, i talk to HCGM usually about 4 hours before home games, and i know what kind of a guy he is.
    I have no doubt GM is a great guy with integrity, but this situation is not a 100 percent slam dunk lock that he will stay. He would certainly get paid more money, will be in a BCS conference, larger recruiting base, will be close to his home as well as his wife's, and knows the area very, very well.

Don't think for a minute of the Cocks come callin' that GM won't at least hear them out and entertain the idea of leaving. Heck, catch GM on the right day (such as a WSU 30 point loss), you just never know, depsite what you believe.
    now i dont know if they would pay him more than Odom gets paid, but as of right now HCGM gets paid more here than what Dave Odom gets paid at south carolina. I just dont think he would leave after one year, and he has so much faith in upcoming recruiting class. Now it this was his 3rd or 4th year and he had some success years here, then i think would be a little more worried. This is all speculation, so i will even start to freak until South Carolina says they are even interested in Marshall.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

That is absurd.
      and why is that, i talk to HCGM usually about 4 hours before home games, and i know what kind of a guy he is.
      I have no doubt GM is a great guy with integrity, but this situation is not a 100 percent slam dunk lock that he will stay. He would certainly get paid more money, will be in a BCS conference, larger recruiting base, will be close to his home as well as his wife's, and knows the area very, very well.

Don't think for a minute of the Cocks come callin' that GM won't at least hear them out and entertain the idea of leaving. Heck, catch GM on the right day (such as a WSU 30 point loss), you just never know, depsite what you believe.
      now i dont know if they would pay him more than Odom gets paid, but as of right now HCGM gets paid more here than what Dave Odom gets paid at south carolina. I just dont think he would leave after one year, and he has so much faith in upcoming recruiting class. Now it this was his 3rd or 4th year and he had some success years here, then i think would be a little more worried. This is all speculation, so i will even start to freak until South Carolina says they are even interested in Marshall.
      I like the incoming class from what I have seen of it. But what do you expect a guy to say? "umm.. my incoming class is OK..."

Comment

That is absurd.

They will pay Coach as well or more than his current contract to get him. Just because Coach has lots of praise for the recruits and from the fans to stay here, home is where most of the time where the heart is.

Comment

That was humorous.

Unless you're actually Gregg himself, God forbid, I don't think you have a clue what's going on inside of his head.

So please spare us.. :good:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Now it this was his 3rd or 4th year and he had some success years here, then i think would be a little more worried.
            I don't think you could be further from the truth. He's in his first year, and I dunno if you can tell yet by HCGM's demeanor, but he's not accustomed to losing so he's probably beyond frustrated. He hasn't had the chance yet to get attached with the players, the city, or the program yet. Being here only 1 year, I would think, actually would make his decision less difficult to leave.

Again, for one second, just try taking off homervision and look at this from a realistic point of view for once. Or is that mission impossible?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Guess we'll get the joy out of sweating this one out for 3 months, instead of waiting until the end of the season to start worrying about our coach as usual.

Let's hope Marshall is the kind of coach who doesn't like to leave a job unfinished. Hopefully he wants to stick around and prove that he can turn this thing around.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27
                Guess we'll get the joy out of sweating this one out for 3 months, instead of waiting until the end of the season to start worrying about our coach as usual.

Let's hope Marshall is the kind of coach who doesn't like to leave a job unfinished. Hopefully he wants to stick around and prove that he can turn this thing around.
                Hopefully. I refuse to worry about it. But I can understand why some would be concerned. I'm kinda with Shockfever on this. IF South Carolina is as high on him as some say...it may get interesting.....
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Amen. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. WE NEED HIM.

Comment

Let's hope it's not going to be a bidding war and hope Coach is a "Les Miles" type guy.

Comment

I will add, I have enough faith in Schaus that it helps to ease any worries. Whether some are worried for nothing or whether there is a reason to be worried....Schaus will make the right moves.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Never worry about a potiential problem until it becomes a problem! 8) 8) :posterwu:
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Coach Marshall stayed at Winthrop for 7 years, and im sure he had several offers to leave, but chose not to. He didnt leave there until the program was in very good shape, and i am almost sure he will do the same here. As of right now i give a 10% chance that he leaves. And shockerfever you can call me every name in the book for stating my opinion. I just dont give a **** what you say. As of rightt now i ignore every post you throw at me.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He didn't call you anything and Coach stayed for 9 years

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                              Forgive my pessimistic nature, but I think he'll go. An SEC gig with a broader recruiting base, if that doesn't happen to be enough, it's right in his backyard. I'll be suprised if he stays.
                              Matter of fact he did tell me and I tend to believe him since he has never lied to me and we've talked quite a few times. He is someone you can trust he wants to be here for a while.
                              J

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                                Amen. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. WE NEED HIM.
                                We don't NEED GM. Im high on GM and I believe he will do well here but we have a nice arena and a good fan base and im a believer many coaches could win here.

Comment

Working...
                                X